Monday, March 21, 2016

Branded New Monday Musings

It's Monday, March 21st, in the year that we have culturally agreed is 2016.

A day and a quarter of tax season remain.

I'm doing a little better on accommodating the fact that I failed to get cast for the first time in three decades or so.  I certainly enjoyed my time with my family this weekend.  We didn't accomplish much other than being with each other, but isn't that the greatest thing of all?

I've been down about my writing, but I think that's mostly because I haven't had the time to get into it again. I have no assurances, like I used to have in acting, that I do it at an high enough level to succeed.  I look forward to getting back to fiction writing soon.  I also need to face up to the fact that I have two completed novels that I'm still Hamlet-ing about.

I did find out that you can catch my newspaper column on savannahnow.com and by going to the Effingham page.  It's some of the same stuff you can read on the blog, but it's been cleaned up a tiny bit.  I guess nobody wants me to call Donald Drumpf  a son of a....well, you know.

The NCAA basketball tournament is soul-crushingly disappointing.  Both Michigan teams were out in the first round, and the overdogs are romping.  At the sweet sixteen level overdogs are teams that are seeded at #1 to #4 - there are still 11 of these left, including all four #1 seeds.  There are three underdog teams seeded #5 to #8 left, and two super underdogs, seeded #9 - #12.  There are no Cinderellas left - all teams left have had a reputation for winning in past tournaments.  There are no truly small schools, no genuine surprises. How boring.  This tournament will not be the pleasant diversion it normally is.

Also not helping is the election.  Drumpf may have the force to actually win the nomination, or get so close it may be too much to deny him.  More Republicans in leadership are trying to rally around Ted Cruz.  Just great.  Like they say, do you want to get poisoned or shot?  Every day I wonder if the people around me support Trump, and it makes me angry and sad.

My Hillary friends,,,,CHILL OUT!  Stop trying to demonize Sanders!  He has the money and the crowds to stay in the race, and his message is too important to not go to the convention.  Can he win?  Probably not, but so what?  Everyone in the country should have the right to participate and make a choice.

I'm catching up on our DVRed programs.  Yeah, I like serialized television.  I know some of you who read this can be, forgive me, quite snooty about how you watch little or no television, but I enjoy some of the scripted shows that have a serialized narrative.  I am enjoying Agent Carter, Better Call Saul, The Americans, Supergirl and You, Me & the Apocalypse.  Deal.

I feel another hermitage period coming on.  It happens sometimes when I'm feeling insecure and somewhat rejected.  It's almost inevitable, anyways, at this time of year.  Hopefully, I can come out of it in the next few weeks.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait

P.S.   For my friends who prefer the upbeat, I apologize if this post seems too down.  I'm aware of that, but I think if you read my blog in general, things balance out.  If you write a blog as diverse as I'm trying to do, it can't all be Puppy Uppers.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, my! You are human! No surprise to me! And what a fine human you are.

    ReplyDelete