Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Tossed Out Tuesday Tidbits

Disjointed, disconnected, discombobulated.

Nevertheless, I struggle for coherency.  I may have to settle for occasional complete thoughts.

------------------------------

Today is the Michigan primary.  I have family and friends who will support Bernie, but the polls have not been showing him closing the gap quickly enough.  I fear the media will try to make it his Waterloo, even if he only loses by a small margin.

It is important to the future of the Progressive movement that he campaigns and wins votes all the way through the last primary.  The whole nation needs to be exposed to and feel like a part of his message.

-------------------------------

I watched part of Last Word with Laurence O'Donnell last night, and was struck by the importance of education in this country, particularly Civics/Government, and also the development of critical thinking skills, and how the emphasis on these have been slowly decreasing for the last fifty years. It explains how an ignorant, bigoted,fascist and superficial realty star like Donald Drumpf can rise to such prominence.  It reflects ignorance of our history as a nation, of our constitutional form of government, of our growth to a more participative democracy.  Everything depends on an informed citizenry,  We apparently don't have that anymore.

---------------------------------

I have been just reminded that I have a biometric screening on Thursday morning.  My weight is down (I'm at lows for me -at least in this century), but this is not a good time of year to take blood pressure readings. Oh, well.  We all have our things to watch and try to improve.

------------------------------

Here Comes Tommy, my ebook available on Kindle for $2.99, now has FOUR reviews! Woohoo!  I haven't gotten any payments yet, but I await with great anticipation my phat one digit check!

----------------------------

I will be glad when the corporate deadline is passed (past? Passe'? over? -I don't know. I can't research it right now).  There will still be a lot more to go, but at least that pressure will be gone.

-------------------------------

I would talk about TV, but our DVD is accumulating many things and is about to explode.  I will say that the best show on TV that you're not watching is You, Me & the Apocalypse.  Very well written with great characters.  And science fictiony to boot!  I think it's done by some of the people that did Parks & Recreation.

-------------------------------

I have to stop tidbitting.  My writing time has runned out.




No comments:

Post a Comment