Wednesday, March 9, 2016

I Went a Wednesday Wandering

It's a whole week of themeless madness!

-----------------------------

Benjamin's play/skit last night was AWESOME!  He did a great job of a scene where it was just he and a girl, and he came across as charming but awkward and shy dater.  He showed to me that special spark that makes one an entertainer.  He delivered his lines clearly and realistically.

-------------------------------

Rarely am I as stunned by election results as I was last night.  The final polls showed Hillary Clinton winning Michigan by double digits.  Instead, Bernie Sanders won!  The media kept thinking that Hillary would pull it out, but Bernie got double the percentage of the African-American vote that he was getting in the South, and it made the difference in the end.

This helps ensure that Bernie will be able to go until the end, planting the seed for Progressive victories in the future.

----------------------------------

On the other side, the vast majority of Republican voters have decided they want an a...hole for President, either the bigoted, narcissistic fascist Trump or the nasty Christian Dominionist Cruz.  Rubio is now a real nowhere man, and Kasich may be the last great hope to prevent the Republican Party's complete destruction.  He has to win Ohio, or Trump wins the nomination.  O Republicans! Ye know not what you do!

---------------------------------

Speaking of which, so there is no confusion, I am not now nor have I ever been, a Clintonista.  I have always thought they were a bit smarmy, and more than a tad too corporate.  But no one needs to operate under the delusion that I would ever vote for any of the Republican candidates over Hillary Clinton.  She may be far from perfect, but she is a hundred-fold better than any candidate on the Republican side.  It's not even close.

-----------------------------------------

Tax season drones on, the corporate deadlines hanging over me and my colleagues. Getting past it may only be a psychological barrier, and not that meaningful in relation to the stress, but I will be grateful when that deadline is over, anyways.

------------------------------------------

I used to hate zucchini.  Now Alison has used them for a substitute for pasta, spiralizing the zucchini and seasoning it just right.  It really tastes better than regular pasta.  Surprise!

--------------------------------------

I wasn't sure that I could hold my weight down during this intensive play period, coming home so late after The Music Man, and usually ravenous after being onstage.  But so far, so good - actually even going down a bit!  Maybe at tomorrow's biometric screening, they won't use the "O" word (Obese).


And now, I must go a-wandering in the land of tax returns and windowless attics.

T. M .strait









No comments:

Post a Comment