Friday, February 3, 2017

OHC Writing Contest Poetry Winner: Storm of Life by Belinda Jo Adams

Belinda Jo Adams receiving her well-deserved Judge's Prize from somebody named me.


Belinda Jo Adams won our Judge's Prize in Poetry for her poem that received the highest score from our celebrity judge, but did not finish the top three overall.  Belinda is a dedicated member of the OHC Writer's Guild, and is the author of many distinguished works, including Satilla Secrets and My Precious Jewel, available form Amazon and local retailers.


Storm of Life
by Belinda Jo Adams


Life seems to be going great!
No worry clouds appear.
The sun shines overhead.
Everything is bright and clear

A small cloud on the horizon
I see blowing my way.
Maybe it will dissipate
Before it comes to stay.

But no, it's getting closer
And darkness starts to fall.
Now in a storm of life
On God's dear name I call.

It hurts so much, Dear Father,
But all things work for good.
You sort the weather in my life
And send what You know You should.

Help me to weather this storm, Lord.
And through the driving rain
Help me to remember
The sun will shine again!



No comments:

Post a Comment