Monday, February 13, 2017

Valentine Scented Monday Musings



Grace Episcopal held its annual Valentine's Day Dinner, and for the the first time in several years, it was not put on by the Youth Sunday School classes. It was a wonderful spread put on by a group of adults, coordinated by Tanya Nall, Donna Robinson, Margie Minchew, Katie Richards, Audrey Jernigan, Sara Rollison and Rev. Kit (and others I may have left out).  Mike Taylor played beautiful ballads and romantic music throughout.  And as you can see from the picture of the table, the whole Parish Hall was et with atmosphere.

The only downside was that I learned what Rotel is (diced tomatoes with green chilies and/or other spicy papers)  and that I do not like it.


-------------------------------

Alison and I watched an old romantic movie on Sunday, as part of our own Valentine;s.  It was Swing Time, starring the America's greatest movie dancing duo, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.   I had never seen it before, as I tend to favor movies with monsters and robots, but nevertheless I enjoyed it a great deal.  There was marvelous dancing, which I did expect, but also plenty of comedy and definite charismatic connection between Astaire and Rogers.  It was a bit of a jarring surprise to see Astaire perform one number in black face, but I tried to remember the time that the movie was done.

We enjoyed it so much that we're thinking of making an older movie a Sunday afternoon routine.

------------------------------------

We had a foster leave us unexpectedly.  I sent Jerry J to the vet to be fixed, thinking we would pick him up from the Okefenokee Humane Society on Saturday.  Instead, Jerry J had been designated for rescue, which meant he was going to be transported by another group to potentially adopted someplace else.  We really didn't get to say goodbye to Jerry J.  I'm not sure why smaller dogs that are easier to adopt would be moved out instead of the larger dogs that are harder to adopt and take more space and eat more food, but there it is.


My blog does not feature pictures and/or a story about Jerry J because I was waiting until he was fixed and fully healed from an accident that occurred prior to us fostering him.

-----------------------------


Recent public polling indicates that already some 46% believe that Trump should be impeached. That is an incredibly high number for a Presidency that is only three weeks old.

Am I in the 46%?  Of course, absolutely!  He entered the gate committing impeachable offenses, and time has only increased that.

Will he be impeached?  Not until at least half of Republicans want him to be.  Remember - we have a Republican Congress.

Will this happen?  Yes, I think it will.  Just give more Republicans a chance to absorb what a tremendous, horrible mistake they have made.

Not that Pence is any kind of prize.  But at least he's not a mentally unstable toddler Twitler.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait











No comments:

Post a Comment