Monday, April 24, 2017

Award Winning Monday Musings


Congratulations and super kudos to Alison!  She attended the Georgia School Nutrition Association, and won the Central Office Staff Support Award not just for her district, but also FOR THE ENTIRE STATE!!!  

Yes, that's NUMBER ONE out of support personnel from 181 school systems!

Alison works very hard at her job, and is very well liked by the administration, her co-workers at the Board office, the school nutrition workers, parents and students.  It is a well deserved honor.

I think my Dad won some state awards while he was principal, but I am hard pressed to find other family members who have received such honors.

I was in the final round of  a state Forensics (speech contests) competition when I was in high school, Humorous Interpretation Division.  I don't know where I finished, but it wasn't in the top three that got awards.

Accounting is not a profession chock full of awards, or even pats on the back.  So I was very happy to see her get this recognition.  

Kudos, Alison! 





This isn't an award, but it's something that made feel very happy, nonetheless.

My book, History of the Trap, has finally made its way into the public library!

The picture above is of Benjamin in front of my book on the new book shelf.

I confess this picture is staged.  That is one of my own copies of the book on their shelf, and not the library copy.  That's because the library copy had already been checked out! Woohoo!

-------------------------

But the awards don't stop coming!

We've been invited to an awards banquet for student academic awards.  So tomorrow night we will go and see what may be in store for Benjamin!

-----------------------

So the awards just keep coming!

Who knows?

I may be up for the award of being the second best accountant on the second floor of Higginson & Paulk!

You just never know!







3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Congrats to the Strait family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Alison!
    Congratulations on your book, Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Be sure to check it out on Amazon!

    ReplyDelete