Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Post-Tax Triumphs and Shortfalls

Georgia's Diebold voting machines - the Georgia Republican's best friend.


Glory, glory, hallelujah!

Primary tax season has done bit the dust!

I now stand on the other side of this time consuming, mental absorbing behemoth, and can hopefully now free up more brain space for other things.

We'll see, though.  Work continues to come in, but I least can resume my "Fridays off" schedule.  And I continue to contemplate a greater retirement from accounting.  I'll let you know more on that situation as it develops.  If you would like to see me have more writing time, the best thing I can tell you is - BUY MY BOOKS!  And encourage your local paper to run my column, maybe even someday with a remunerative component.

Gory, glory, hallelujah!

I've heard definite strong rumors that my book, History of the Trap, is in the local public library at last!  I hope to get out in the next day or two and check it out myself.  When I get Benjamin there, I'll be sure to run a picture.


Gory, glory, hallelujah!


Jon Ossoff got more than twice as many votes as his nearest competitor in the Georgia 6th Congressional district race to replace human scumbag. new Health and Human Service Secretary Tom Price,  I even had a family member who lives in the district vote for him!

Unfortunately, he fell just short of the 50% mark, and there will be a runoff in June.  This means Democrats, Independents, and thinking Republicans will have to shore up and vote again!  For Democrats, that often proves to be an almost impossible task, but we can hope for the best.

And I hate to sound conspiratorial, but I don't trust the Diebold voting machines that Georgians vote on.  Too much goes on inside those machines that we can't see.  Created by a rich Ohio Republican, a supporter of George Bush, Jr. in 2004, the record of Democrats in Georgia has been abysmal since their installation here in 2002.

Think I'm wrong?  Maybe.  But tell me what Democrat has won a statewide race since 2002?

So, with these machines, I just don't know.  I keep reading that red Georgia is on the verge of turning purple, but I remain skeptical.

MEANWHILE...what passes for a Spring Break in accounting may be beginning soon!  Woohoo!

Or not.  We'll see.

Anyhoo...Fridays are back, baby!








No comments:

Post a Comment