Monday, April 17, 2017

Smelling Season's Ending Monday Musings

Benjamin Strait, Rose Aldridge and Anita Lynn preparing food for those working hard getting Grace Church ready for Easter.

It's not quite here yet.

But it's close enough to smell.

Tuesday the 18th, tomorrow, will end primary tax season.

For the job I do, at an earlier part of the tail wag, most of the intensity is done.  There are too many steps after I am through with a return, to insure a new one that I would get today, could be processed and accepted by the IRS in time.  But anything is possible, so I may have one or two more days of intense activity.

--------------------------------------

Our church jut finished a beautiful week of Easter activities.  We're no mega-church, but we had good attendance, and I was happy to be able to attend Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil and Easter.  Benjamin was so moved by the Good Friday service that he told Rev. Kit afterwards that it "was the most moving and meaningful service he'd seen, at least since he'd been paying attention."

--------------------------

I now realize that there is a plethora of things that I've promised myself and others that I would do after tax season, more than I can possibly accomplish.  One of the things I will need to do in the next few days is to list all the different things I've thought about doing, and start to prioritize them.  That may be more organization than I can stand, but if I don't, I risk becoming overwhelmed and  not doing anything of significance.

----------------------------

Lent is over, and I can restore what I gave up.  I'm not sure I want to.  I gave up re-posting memes on Facebook, particularly about politics.  Mostly what I posted was blog posts from The Strait Line, the Song of the Day, and a bible verse on Sunday.  This means if you see Tom Strait on your Facebook, it's pretty much going to be a The Strait Line post.

Ho much it has to do with it, I don't know, but my page views on The Strait Line have skyrocketed since Lent.  Posts that normally got 30 to 50 views are routinely now getting well over a hundred. some over 300.

It's not that they're politically free.  It's still true that political posts garner, on average, more views than other posts.

I'm still not getting a lot of likes or comments on The Strait Line stuff.  But at least I know it's being viewed.

--------------------------------

Those who support the current administration, in full or in part, should not take comfort in my lack of posting political memes.  Your act of voting for Trump has caused great damage in this country and throughout the world, some of it irreversible.  I pray that you see the light, but until then, I won't let you forget the damage you wrought.

Until next time.

T. M. Strait















No comments:

Post a Comment