Monday, July 24, 2017

Beautiful Sunday Monday Morning Musings

My favorite young actress, Emily Beck, getting her Wednesday Addams on, as part of Flying Dragon's talent show.  With her is young Roman, the son of Lauri Santana.  His role was to scream when Wednesday lifted his arms, and he had that down pat,

One of my school friends. now on that imperfect connection device, FaceBook, posted enthusiastically that it was Sunday, and to have a great day.

Well, I am happy to report, Dona, that I did.  A great big, beautiful Sunday!

First, after getting up, enjoying coffee and some reading time, we went to church, and experienced a spiritually satisfying Eucharist. That was followed by a church reception, our fellowship gathering in the parish hall, with snacks prepared by my to favorite snack makers. Alison and her mother.  So every snack was delicious, so many that snack time became lunch time.

We got home to coffee, and to Alison's and mine's new favorite tradition - Sunday Afternoon Classic Movie, where we've recorded the best that Turner Classic Movies had to offer that week, and enjoy an old classic.  This afternoon was the 1945 Hitchcock thriller, Spellbound, starring Gregory Peck and Ingrid Bergman.

This was interrupted briefly for me to go back to Waycross, and watch a talent show at the Flying Dragon, featuring some of the area's most theatrically gifted young people.  As always, it's a treat to go back and see the development of these youngsters, many of whom I've watched grow in the theater for many years.


Than it was back home to finish Spellbound.  The movie got better and better as it went on Ingrid Bergman may be one of the most beautiful woman that ever lived.  One of the actors, Norman Lloyd, who later played a doctor on the series St. Elsewhere, is still with us, at the age of 102!

We ate leftovers for supper, delicious food from Thai Smiles.  There portion sizes always provide a meal to take home.

And, of course, the evening ended with the best show on television, Game of Thrones.  And we saw enough to know that the meeting that all book readers AND TV watchers have been waiting for, should occur next week.

I went to sleep knowing that I would have to go to work Monday.  But this was tempered by the knowledge that this would be the last Monday of my full-time employment, that starting next week I will be 63% retired, and that almost all subsequent Mondays, I will NOT be putting in accounting work!  Huzzah!



So, yes, my good friend, Dona.  I had a great day!

I hope you did too!



Emily Back, getting her dancing groove on, during the musical number, Dancing Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment