Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Personal Wednesday Wanderings


Picture of a Pacific island I saw from the train traveling from Vancouver to Portland.  The rest of the post has nothing to do with this picture.  It's click bait.  Shameless click bait.


The rest of this post is just to update you, Wednesday Wandering style,  on what's foremost on all of your minds - what is happening in the life of T. M. Strait!

-----------------------------

The big news is that my full time career as an accountant ends July 28th, 2017!  I will continue on a part time basis, some 15 to 17 hours a week, but the regular grind will be over!

The first month, August, may be a little more work than the others, as I will be assisting the firm with a special project. but I will need to abide by the monthly earnings limits that are imposed on those early Social Security recipients are subject to in the first year of retirement.  Starting next year, the limits will be annual instead of monthly.

--------------------------------

This may put constraints upon me, particularly in August, in some of my plans to make money through my writing, performing, or other means.  Eventually, I hope to make more from those things than accounting, but that transition will have to be carefully done.

-----------------------------

I hope to solve the problems with the proposed print edition of Here Comes Tommy, and have that available for the mid-September Arts Show at the Okefenokee Heritage center.  I also have pretty much decided to self-publish Crowley Stories, just to have it locally.  That may have to wait until later in the year.

------------------------------

Meanwhile, the major thrust of my work this Fall will be to write-write-write, and have more stuff available for next year.  I want to get as much done on the second volume of History of the Trap as I can.  I want to complete My Europa.  I want to do another Escape From the Office story, and I would love to empty my mind, meditate, and come up with completely new ideas.

-------------------

I want to increase my contributions to charity, including assistance with the church, and more storytelling - at the library, schools and nursing homes.  Reading aloud is my very best talent, and if God wants to share our gifts, I would love to do more of it.

--------------------

Another plan to work on, that may add contributions down the road, is to do audio readings, of my own writings, and eventually maybe of other author's.  I think I would be good at it, and I think it would be lots of fun.

------------------------

I am also hoping to polish my skills as a docent (tour guide), and assist the Okefenokee Heritage Center.

-------------------------

My personal goals are to eat better, exercise more, and lower my blood pressure.  I have already made progress on these fronts, and I hope that I can use my change of schedule to improve more, and not fall back into a routine of Bonbons and daytime television.

Wish me luck!
















2 comments:

  1. You got this. You've an amazing heart of pure gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Yes you would be great at reading aloud. Good for you, for being involved in charity work. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete