Monday, June 17, 2019

Another Picture Free Monday Musing

Yeah.  I gotta start using my phone camera more, so I can get some fresh pictures on these blog stories.  I'm not a natural picture taker, and I often don't think about it when I'm "in the event."  Traffic to the blog is driven more by pictures than words.  A picture may not be worth a thousand words, but it's worth about another few dozen views!

---------------------------------------------

The biggest event this last weekend was picking up Benjamin from church camp at Honey Creek.  It's his last camp as a student.  He had a great time and was one of the speakers at the closing ceremonies.  He has been invited to come back as an intern next month, and if he does well, will put him in line to be a camp counselor next summer!

-----------------------------------

Alison and I went to murder mystery dinner theatre Friday night, put on by Purlie Productions, and including a number of my theatre buddies.  It was entertaining and unique, and something I hope our area does more often.  I did not participate, due to reasons listed in the blog post I Like Home.  But with Benjamin going away to school in August, and with hopefully losing some weight (at least enough to deflate the basketball to maybe youth soccer size), I hope to try again in a few months.  Suitable parts are getting harder to find, but I'm not sure I can give it up altogether.

---------------------------------

One of my hopes is to move more towards events where I read aloud -  children's storytelling, events at senior centers, audio recordings.  This is stuff I would love to do if I could get over the inertia of not taking the next steps. 

I see people like Alison's father, contributing more to others, by utilizing their talents and abilities to be helpful.  Alison's father has done noble and vital work in Haiti building homes and shelters.  I'm not a builder.  My skill set in putting together anything is less than zero.  There are many things that people do for charity work that are not natural fits and do not take advantage of where my talents lie.  But., like it or not, I can read aloud as well as anybody on the planet.  I don't mean to be braggadocio, but I can't help it - it's true.  I need to find a way to do that to make a positive contribution to those in need.

---------------------------------

I'm happy that Morning Joe seems to be on the Never Trump train, but they are still at heart a very conservative and establishment-bias show.  They sing the praises of Biden and trash Bernie every chance they get.  If a Progressive moves up in the polls, they bemoan that they will lose to Trump.    Polls move, up and down.  Do not make presumptions at this point who can beat Trump or who can't.  I still feel that a candidate loudly advocating for the working class is better than mushy centrist positions. 

I am. of course, prepared to vote for whoever the Democrats nominate.  Trumpism must be vanquished - not just defeated but humiliated and excised.

A few years from now, no one who voted for Trump will be able to explain or support what they did.  Trump voters will disappear like Nixon voters did after his resignation.

At least, that is my sincere hope and prayer.  It's our best chance for survival.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait

P. S.

If any of my liberal/progressive friends have a suggestion for a progressive morning show, I would appreciate hearing about it.  It's almost like they think Progressives don't get up in the morning.









No comments:

Post a Comment