Thursday, December 20, 2012

Leaving Starnit's Sight

Walking alone on a darkened road
The oaks and pines and uthers hanging like a bough
The only sound that of a croaking toad
Washboard grooves as if from a plow

It's been two days out from Starnit
I ran out of the graster bars and appleys at noon
Stomach is growling fiercely, darnit
I must find something to devour very, very soon

Night time fog plagues the path ahead
And shadowed razzards flit in and out
There is no comfort where I must tread
I must move forward even if a lout

Then I glimpse a swirling gown
The color of mesterleen mixed with green
Can't be more than twenty clicks down
Is where I think she will be seen

No one's ever lived to tell the tale
Just the rumors of the dream-spinning queen
Will I, despite my best, also fail?
Or will I stead be what I mean?

Ten clicks closer and she comes into sharper view
Her face is pale; her hair pearly white
Her eyes a lumescent blue
She is a mesmerizing sight

Five clicks closer she reaches out to me
I move closer, just a click away I know
I take her by her cold dead hands, see
And she will never, ever let me go

No comments:

Post a Comment