Monday, December 10, 2012

Three Dimensional Chess House Move Begins!

The house move that is like Star Trek three dimensional chess begins today!  At least we hope it does. Our closing for our home that we're selling is scheduled for today at 1 PM.  This is at Walker & Sweat in Waycross.  Then at 2:30, at Dan Bennett's office in Blackshear, we close on the house that we are buying.  This is if all goes well.  And nowadays, what ever goes wrong at closings?  Ha!  Hence the nervous, agitated state that we find ourselves in.

Then after we close we commence the great move-a-thon.  We are borrowing Alison's father's pick-em-up truck and proceeding to load boxes, some to go to a rented storage unit, and some to go to a rental house.  The rental house we will be living in for an unknown amount of time because the new house we are moving to needs to be extensively remodeled before we can move in.

I am not a fixer-upper.  I don't watch HGTV.  The idea of the slightest home improvement project makes me feel queasy and inadequate.  But this house was too hard to pass up.  It is squarely in the neighborhood that Alison wants to move in to, and it has the perfect layout and yard size.  And although I despise fixer-uppers, Alison and her father do not feel the same.  The price we paid for it is so low that we can afford to fix it up like Alison wants, and still be within it's appraised value after fix up.

Tomorrow the hired movers come, who will be moving the big pieces either to the rented storage unit or the rental house.  I will be off to help direct pieces to the places Alison is telling me as to where they go.  What are the odds I'll get that wrong?

Wednesday and Thursday will be continuing to move the smaller stuff to the storage unit, the rental, and some to the new house (there is a storage area for outdoor stuff that will not be a part of the fix up).

At some point later in the week, the local cable/Internet provider will come to set that up.  I will not miss the satellites that we have had to have out here in the boonies.  The cable Internet should be greatly, multiple times faster.  And I won't have to be worried about being cut off every time a cloud passes over.  It could be that I am without Internet for a few days, which may inhibit my ability to keep up with this blog.  But rest assured, for better or worse, I am not going away.  I don't make much money out of this blogging enterprise, but it sure has been a lot of fun.  I'm not sure I could go back to just accounting again.  I need my writings, my theatre, my desire to create and imagine.

Until next time,

T.M. Strait

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a lot to do in a short amount of time. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete