Monday, May 6, 2013

A Truly Jumbled Monday Musing

So glad to have Alison & Benjamin back from their great Manhattan adventure.  Please be sure to read Alison & Benjamin Take Manhattan if you get a chance.  It's got plenty 'o' pictures.

The play The Graduate has kept me uber busy.  Rehearsal or performance every day for the last seven.  Finally get a break tonight and Tuesday, only to start back up with a rehearsal Wednesday and performances the next three nights.  I also have a Flying Dragon meeting on Tuesday night, so tonight is my only time home for the week.

Kudos to Flying Dragon on their completion of their Cinderella, and to the hard work done to bring it inside to avoid this weekend's rainy weather.  I wish I could have seen Kayla Peacock and others in new roles this weekend, but unfortunately my play was in direct conflict with Cinderella.

Flying Dragon faces important decisions in the coming weeks, what with a new season coming up, and a lease to re-sign, and I hope I can be a positive force in helping them with these issues.

My work is showing a surprising accumulation of things to do.  I am going to do my best to organize my work in such a way as to continue to have my Fridays off.  But they're not making it easy.  Oh, well.  At least my job is assured.

I've been watching Hemlock Grove on Netflix.  The acting sometimes seems a little odd, but it has been quirky and strange, and at least a little unpredictable at this point.  I'm about five episodes in, and it's had one of the most gruesome, graphic werewolf changes I've ever seen.

I'm having more friends hearing the clarion call of the beach, since we live only about an hour away from the Atlantic.  I like the beach, but am not fond of direct sunlight and extreme heat, so this is not the ideal time of year I think about it.  We think more about in the fall - less heat and smaller crowds.

It's been fun watching the Detroit Tigers surge.  In sports, you never know whether a team can keep it up, but right now it is an enjoyable ride.  And to my son Doug and other Atlanta Braves fans that I know - I like the Braves a lot, but I love the Tigers.  Gotta always go with the Tigers - sorry.

Scary seeing Israel's increase of attacks on Syria.  I'm not disputing whether they should do it, one way or another - just scary to see.  The Mideast is always more of a powederkeg than Americana seem to be aware of.  I do think we're right to be hesitant  about over-involvement, although it increasingly looks like we're going to have to do something more than we have.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait

2 comments:

  1. I'm only on episode 2 of Hemlock Grove. It's definitely the acting that is slowing my progress through the series. What keeps me going is hearing of the werewolf transformation that I hope is worthy of the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The transformation is truly a gruesome thing, particularly what the werewolf does immediately after changing.

    ReplyDelete