Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Best Birthday Ever

My son Benjamin, my father, and myself at his apartment at Independence Village in East Lansing, Michigan.  This was taken on my Birthday this last Sunday,  It was the first time in many years that I got to spend my birthday with him.  We normally come down on or around his birthday (he'll turn 91 on June 29th), but that was not going to work out this year.  Instead we flew down this last weekend, and had a great three days with him. He has very limited mobility, and esophagus damage that makes it difficult for him to speak clearly,  but he remains as intelligent and loving as ever.

My father with Benjamin and Alison.  My father loves his grandson and Alison very much.  

The place where my Dad stays has  a courtyard with its own duck family.



Our rental car, which I called the Little Red Soulvette.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet and awesome day. Bonus: ducks and my alien green car's Soul sister. I call mine Scully. :-)

    ReplyDelete