Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Ripping Good Yarns: It's Here! Nominate from this FULL list!

It's time for the Second Annual Ripper Awards!  What were the best TV shows of the last year?  Shows considered aired from July 2012 to the present.

I would like to do the same this year, except instead of long form and short form, I will break the dramas into three groups - Broadcast, Basic Cable and Premium Channels.  That seems the fairest way to do it.

So please, submit your nominations now, in any category you desire.  I am looking for scripted (fiction) programs that ran in the last year.  Don't worry about categories.  Just name your favorites and I'll do the sorting out.

Please nominate here or on Facebook.  I am hoping for a great turnout of voters, because the more people participate the more fun it is!

Ladies and gentlemen, fellow Rippers, start your nominating engines!

Can't think of the shows that were on this last year?  Here, let me help you out:


Broadcast

666 Park Avenue, Last Resort, Private Practice, Zero Hour, Made In Jersey, 90210, Cult, Emily Owens MD, Gossip Girl, Fringe, The Mob Doctor, Do No Harm, Smash, Red Widow, CSI:NY, Golden Boy, Vegas, The Carrie Diaries, Touch, Deception, Hannibal, Body of Proof, Castle, Revenge. Grey's Anatomy, Nashville, Once Upon A time, Scandal, Criminal Minds, Nikita, Blue bloods, CSI, Elementary, The Good Wife, Hawaii Five-O, The Mentalist, NCIS, NCIS:Los Angeles, Person of Interest, Arrow, Beauty and the Beast, Hart of Dixie, supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, Bones, The Following, Chicago Fire, Grimm, Law & Order:SVU, Parenthood, Revolution

Basic Cable

Breakout Kings, The Glades, Longmire, Bates Motel, Bunheads, The Lying Game, Pretty Little Liars, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Switched at Birth, Breaking Bad, Hell On Wheels, Mad Men, The Killing, The Walking Dead, Bedlam, Being Human, Copper, Doctor Who, Luther, The Hour, Ripper Street, American Horror Story, The Americans, Justified, Sons of Anarchy, Army Wives, The Client List, Drop Dead Diva, Alphas, Continium, Eureka, Haven, Lost Girl, Merlin, sanctuary, Warehouse 13, Defiance, Dallas, Falling Skies, Franklin & Bash, Leverage, Major Crimes, Perception, Rizzoli & Isles, Southland, The Closer, Burn Notice, Common Law, Covert Affairs, Fairly Legal, In Plain Sight, Necessary Roughness, Psych, Royal Pains, Suits, White Collar

Premium Cable

Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Newsroom, Treme, True Blood, Banshee, Strike Back, Dexter, Homeland, The Borgias, Boss, Magic City, Spartacus


Ok!  That should give you a full range of choices!  Nominate as many or as few as you like.  Nominate shows that have already been nominated by others if you like them, because I will choose the ones with the most nominations for the next round of voting.

Nominate now!  (Unless you have done so already)


4 comments:

  1. Looking at the list, I realize I just don't watch TV any more. However, I really did like Chicago Hope, so that's my vote. You didn't have "The Medium" on the list, and I really liked that also. I used to watch CSI and Law and Order, but I can't say that either one is great. I also used to watch "The Mentalist" but mostly because I think Simon Baker is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for Walking Dead and Bates Motel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for Criminal Minds, NCIS, Once Upon a Time, Revolution, and Falling Skies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Game of Thrones is the only TV show that I watch nowadays, so I'm going with that.

    ReplyDelete