Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ripping Good Yarns: Vote For Your Favorite Broadcast Drama Finalist!

We're ready for the final voting!

Had to make some tough decisions from among a number of popular nominees.  I tried to strike a balance between different types of shows.  I Left off last year's winner's. The Mentalist and Fringe (my favorite) in order to give some other shows a whirl at the Ripper Awards.

Please vote for one of the following:

Criminal Minds

A CBS favorite that has been on for several years, it features elite profilers that analyze the minds of the nation's most dangerous criminals. This was it's 8th season. I have seen it once in it's first season, but those who watch regularly seem to like it very much.

Castle

An ABC mainstay, Alison is wild about Nathan Fillion.  A great actor with a tremendous charisma and sense of humor.  Although I would prefer him on Firefly, this show can be entertaining.  The interaction between Beckett and Castle is very good, and their recent romance has not ruined the show. The supporting cast is weak and many of the cases fairly pedestrian.  I have watched virtually every episode of this series.

NCIS

The number one show on television, as in the most watched.  This was it's 10th season, and stars Mark Harmon.  235 episodes, all about.....naval crime.  Those who watch it love it.  I have never seen an episode.

Scandal

This is a super charged show about a scandalous, melodramatic Washington, starring.....Kerry Washington.  This show is fast paced and exciting, and most importantly for jaded viewers like myself, very unpredictable. The politics expressed are occasionally implausible, and sometimes it's hard to find a good guy, but it is a wild and enjoyable ride.  I have watched every episode.

Grimm

This show has captured both the right supernatural, fairy tale appeal, and delivers one of the largest audiences NBC gets.  It does have a kind of police procedural overtone to it, which is okay.  Not in the same league as Alcatraz, but okay.  I really like Claire Coffee as the witchy Adalind, and Silas Weir Mitchell as Monroe is a real standout.  I have seen about a season and a half.  Have to catch up with the 2013 episodes.

So there you have it, folks!  Our five finalists!  I would love to keep voting open long enough to at least get a dozen or more votes.  That would be really swell.

There's a good chance that some of you won't have seen any of these shows, or very little of them.  But if at this point you just want to take a stab at the Pinata and pick which show you think sounds the best - I am OK with that.  WE NEED THE VOTES!

Vote now!  On here or on facebook!

I await your judgement!




2 comments: