Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday in Accounting World




Good morning, Friday!

Somewhere, the birds are chirping.  The grass is growing.  People are out for their morning jog or run.  Someone else is gathering their fishing gear.  Students are on Spring Break, or will be soon.  Slightly south of here, an alligator is contemplating eating a bear cub.

What?  How did that last sentence get in this Springtime reverie?

At any rate.  Baseball has begun, nature is awakening, most of my friends are enjoying a Spring Break of one kind or another, and for me and those of us in the Accounting World, our busy season is accelerating to a close.

Two more Fridays, and my 10% retirement can resume!

Oh, the places I will go!  The writing projects I will move forward!  The plays that I will be in!  The places that I will go!  The television I will binge!  The extra family time I will enjoy! The sleep I will catch up on!

Well, it's only a few extra hours gained, but I can dream, can't I?

Notice one thing I left out is yard-work.  Spring also means mowing and whatever else a yard entails.  It means the advent of flying insect world, including the bees, wasps and hornets that threaten to sting, the mosquitoes that bite, the flies that annoy, and the gnats that swarm and buzz around my ear.

Oh, well.  No plan is perfect.

Two more Fridays before Freedom Fridays begin!

Woohoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment