Monday, April 14, 2014

Rainbow Tasting Edition: Monday Musings



I can almost taste the rainbow.

Tax season is 98.571428% through.

There still could be a few returns and the ominous possibility of redos, but for the most part, the big rush is over.  What I do just comes at the point of the process where it would be very difficult to get the return through the other parts, and the e-filing accepted by the IRS before the deadline.

I looked the other day to see what posts from prior tax season ends I could repost,  My time to write was fairly limited.  I found not much that are like this one, written near the conclusion of tax season, but I saw written just after,  And the theme was pretty much the same......

When or if will I get a spring break?  Waiting on the powers that be will decide if that will happen.

I have decided this not to stress, not to wait.  I am just going to "Create My Own Spring Break".  They can decide later what the time means, if it's just a bonus holiday, vacation, personal or unpaid.  I don't care. I just need the break,.  They can sort that out later.  I'm okay with however it's done.

Now that the cloud is lifting, I am getting things in better perspective,  I am blessed with a wonderful and loving family.  I live in a great neighborhood (well, except for the flying insects and area politics, but you can't have everything).  There are many things I would like to do, but mostly I cherish my time with them.  I am going to do my best to stop stressing about achieving more success and remuneration as an artist.

My writing?  It is what it is.  Either people like it or they don't. I will continue to write what I enjoy, and anyone else who wants to come along, that's fine.  If not, that's fine too.

I will continue with History of the Trap, because it's great fun, and it's a story that's been trapped in my head for decades.

I will complete the first arc of Crowley Stories, and then who knows?  I will package or sell them in some way.

I love politics and  issues and even though I can't run for anything, I will continue to express myself.  I know they are contrary to the beliefs of many around where I live, but expression of those thoughts is a vital part of who I am.  Expect the return of the Saturday political soap box.

I will continue with my Old Pat T collection of autobiographical stories, and publish stories from my father's genealogical research.  My father and mother may both be someplace else now, but I will do what I can in through the power of storytelling.  Memories and photographs, preserving the lives of those who meant so much to us.

And yes, I will attempt to publish.  Me and ol' Don Quixote, tilting at windmills.  It may be foolish and futile, but it helps fulfill the romantic streak in my character.


--------------------------

Benjamin is back in the...back in the....back in the CRCT.  A week of testing, because, you know, that's what our schools are all about right now.  He went to bed around 8:30 last night, about an hour earlier than normal, so we'll see if that helps.

--------------------

Palm Sunday was a great service.  We had a good crowd, and I'm happy to see our church growing and vibrant.  It's the start of an intense week of services and events, one that thanks to the this year's Holy Week calender, I get to experience much of it after tax season.  I am looking forward to it.


-------------------------

I have a good friend in Michigan, who is going through an intense time, with a serious family illness.  My heart goes out to you,  Coleen.  Bless you and Tim and your family.  May God give you all strength and guidance.


Love,

T. M. Strait

No comments:

Post a Comment