Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Song of the Day!

Harry Belafonte!
For over a year now I have been posting a Song of the Day feature on Facebook.  One featured song per day.  The response to this has been underwhelming, but I persevere.  I think the most likes any one song has gotten is five.  Most often, the number of likes range from zero to two.  I would say that zero is by far the most common response.

There also has been little to no curiosity as to why or how I pick the songs that I do.  I have told two people (well, three, including Alison) what the methodology was, but no one else has even asked.

Much of what goes on Facebook goes unanswered or un-responded to.  Conservatives have stopped trying to respond to anything I post.  Which is understandable, because for the most part, I have stopped commenting on anything that represents the far right of the political spectrum.

Most of my constant The Strait Line posts gets little direct response, and very few likes.  Yet I know they are at least pulled up, because I can see the page counts, and although not read by hordes, they are being viewed, anywhere from a couple dozen to a hundred page views.

Family stuff still gets a lot of likes and responses.  That's cool.

I think Facebook is getting more selective in what it shows you or doesn't.  There are things that Alison posts about our earlier foster dog, Angel, that for some reason I never see.  By the way, she told me last night that Angel has been adopted - yay!  There are other close friends whom I virtually never see what they post anymore.  Others I see constantly.  I have no idea how all that works.

Anyways, there is no grand point here.  Just  some random observations.

As for Song of the Day...yeah, I will keep it up.  I'm nothing if not persistent.

As for those hearty few who may be curious as to the method behind the madness in the selection of the Song of the Day?  Well, I'll save that for another day!

4 comments:

  1. I glance at everything, Tom, but it's so much that I can't stop and read it all. Also, unless you have your days free and can read FB all day you're going to miss a lot of posts because it moves so fast. Also, there appears to be no rhyme or reason as to the order of posts and there's so much junk interspersed (asking me to like various pages or advertisements). I set mine on "recent" and hope that keeps me up to date for the most part. Don't take it personal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So was your song of the day "Day-O"? I always loved Harry! I have a 45 rpm of Day-O with "Mama look at Bubu" on side B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara & Tom: I have two LPs of Harry's concerts. Still play them.

      Delete
  3. No, it's not the Song of the Day....yet! Stay tuned! Facebook is indeed chaotic...like I said above, I even miss some of Alison's posts, and I don't think she always sees my The Strait Line posts. They surely don't want us to get settled in.

    ReplyDelete