Monday, April 21, 2014

Indoor Easter Egg Pool Hunt and Other Monday Musings

Benjamin helps young Caroline Easter Egg Hung at our church Saturday.  We had the hunt on the 3rd floor of the church as the outside weather was rather messy.  As you can see, some of he eggs were easy to find.



It was a nice mini-break.  May I please have another?

Well, maybe I can, as my Fridays off begin!

It was a beautiful weekend, filled with church services and events.  We had church service Maundy Thursday, Good Friday (we missed that one), Holy Saturday (a very beautiful, unique service that is Alison's favorite of the year, and this time included a lovely Baptism), and Easter Sunday.  We also had a church cleanup, followed by an Easter Egg Hunt.

With all that, we didn't really get out of town to do much of anything.  We did not see a movie, either at the theater or at home.  I only went out to eat once; Friday lunch with Alison at the Garden Cafe.

I did not get as much writing done as I hoped, although I did organize my space, and I got another story submitted.  

I did watch way too much TV, including binge watching Orphan Black.  Alison got interested after I had seen it, and so she started it over again.  We have not seen the premiere episode of the new season but we hope to do that soon.  I had heard that the lead actress, Tatiana Maslany, should have been nominated for an Emmy.  I don't think so.  She should have not just been nominated - she should have won.

God Is Not Dead continues to weigh heavily on my mind.  It is encamped at the local bijou in a way that makes me wonder if it will ever leave (today is it's one month anniversary).  Church groups and even some local businesses have paid for tickets and brought in large groups, perpetuating it's existence here.  It's popularity reinforces the wide cultural gap between myself and many others here.  How such a  film could be so popular worries me.  

Anyways, I must once again plunge into Accounting World.  This  gig has been running longer than Cats.  Oh well.  At least it's a steady gig.

Time to get into my Rum Tum Tigger CPA costume.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait



No comments:

Post a Comment