Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Distant Wednesday Wanderings

Do I like Greek food?  Middle Eastern?

I am unclear.

Chicken kabobs are good.  Lima Beans and lamb over rice is good.  Hummus and falafel are good.  Baclava done right is heavenly.

We have no Greek or Middle Eastern restaurant in our little corner of the world.  I don't even think there'a one in Brunswick.  Anybody who lives in Southeast Georgia, if you know of  place, let me know.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I have found the World Cup fascinating to hear about, and have even watched some.  My older boys, Greg and Doug, love it, and I am beginning to catch some of their fever.  The last minute tie with Portugal was heartbreaking, but the USA is still in it, as of writing this.

It's also fascinating that of the first 8 qualifiers, 6 are from the Americas.  That's a whopping 75%!

------------------------------------

Shout out to my friend Julie who is doing so much to help a young kitten get a fighting chance, and to all those who have helped our foster Ethan, improve to perfect health, and to every fine individual who is working to improve the treatment of animals!  God bless you all!


------------------------------------

My food nationality favorites:

1) Italian.....the more cheese the better.

2) Mexican......with ketchup (like it or not).

3) Chinese.......99% of the time from the one and only Wong's!

4) Southern......BBQ with sweet sauce, and also love grits...plus sausage 'n' cheese biscuit is the South's greatest contribution to American culture.

5) Greek....gyros and baclava....and this could move up the list if I could find one closer than Florida!

------------------------------------------------

My blog has been sporadic, and I have not used pictures in awhile.  I hope to remedy that soon.


---------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, hope all my friends and Strait Line followers have a great day and week!

Your wandering writer,

T. M. Strait

1 comment:

  1. Thank you!
    Ketchup is everywhere!
    You made me smile;
    And I had a rough day.
    See ya, when you get home :)

    ReplyDelete