Tuesday, October 6, 2015

You must PLAY ON!



Outstanding cast and crew of "PLAY ON" now being presented at the Ritz Theatre in downtown Waycross! Shown left to right (front) Brenda Luke, Anita Lynn, Niki Spivey, (back) Kayla Dixon, Andre' Lagoueyte, Michelle Lagoueyte, Allen Hamilton, Brittany Peacock, Jody Rollins, Pam Fields, Mamie Jackson. Additional show dates are October 8, 9, 10 at 8:00 p.m. Don't miss this hilarious comedy by a great cast and crew!!!

You must Play On!  If you have not done so yet, you must come out and see this hilarious production.  I saw it Friday night, and it clearly wins the T. M. strait Seal of Approval.  Every cast menber hits the right tone, and adds to the humor of this play about a play that goes wildly off course.

It is difficult to impossible for me to select actors who stood out above the others, as all did such a great job of making their parts a special joy.  I was pleased to see the talented Brenda Luke in a larger role - the play would not have worked without a great actress in the role of Director, who is alternately commanding and frustrated.  My wonderful friend, Anita "Miss Daisy" Lynn, was a joy to watch as the baffling and baffled authoress.  Brittany Peacock has some of the best non-verbals in community theatre as the young ingenue.  Every line that my friend Mamie Jackson uttered had me rolling in the aisle.  Jody Rollins has virtually no equal as a character actor in local theater, and successfully melted into another role.  I loved watched the Lagoueyte siblings perform, especially one of my favorite young actresses, Michelle.  Allen Hamilton, one of my fellow Grace Episcolites, was fantastically funny in this first time I have seen on stage, and someone whom I hope to see more of.  Niki Spivey was brilliant in her role, and great to see back onstage.  Kayla Dixon was another I enjoyed seeing for the first time.

When I saw the play on Friday last week, there were very few others in the theater.  That was very disappointing, as this is a play that DESERVES to be seen.  So, please, make plans to come out this weekend.  You need the laughs. 





No comments:

Post a Comment