Thursday, October 1, 2015

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Grandchildren


Okay.  Let me make clear first.  These are not MY grandchildren.  These are my parent's.  The first grandchild was my son, Gregory Roundtree Strait.  This may be one of the earliest pictures to feature the three generations.  Greg seems to have gotten the family smile down solid.  I've got the first beard I ever tried to grow.  Greg's hair darkened over time.  Mine did not.




Greg did not remain alone.  The two on the left are my sister's kids, Tiffany holding young Nicholas.  Greg holds a rather substantially sized toddler, Douglas Redwine Strait.  Nicholas looks at Doug with a combination of awe and fear.




Beach time with Grandma!  After retiring, my Dad bought a lake front house, and the boys would go to Michigan to visit for the summer.



The boys outgrew their Grandparent's height, but they never outgrew their love.



And finally, the late arrival!  Douglas holds the last grandchild to arrive on the scene, Benjamin Sloan Strait.  As you can see, for some unknown reason, my beard has changed colors.

I cannot begin to tell you how much joy and love they provided for my parents, and how much the grandkids got back in return.  

Tiffany recently had a child of her own, Bailey Margaret Burris, making my sister Carol a Grandmother, and now she can begin to experience the same joys that my parents did.

Me?  Not yet.  But I'll be ready when the time comes.




No comments:

Post a Comment