Tuesday, November 10, 2015

2015 Student Poetry Judge's Prize: Granny Don't Go by Christy Edwards

Christy Edwards won last year as well, and this picture is form last Year;s win.


A new prize for 2015 is the Judge's Prize.  This is for the poem that our celebrity judge (this year Judy Kurrasch, owner of what was Waycross's last great bookstore, Read Me Again).  This is Christy's second year as a winner, having placed second in our 2014 contest.  Christy is a student in Wayne County.

Granny Don't Go
by Christy Edwards

In my eyes you were young.
Time was running out,
Yet so much to see and do.
All the fun we've had in the past
And the joy we'll have in the future,
All soon comes to an end.
Silence and tears surrounds us all.
You were loved by everyone.
You gave us happiness and joy.
You helped care for my brother and me.
You raised my mother and aunt.
In times of need you were there for anyone.
You donated to those less fortunate.
Though your body was weak,
Your heart was strong,
Full of love and care.
When I was little,
You let me do your hair and nails.
Though they looked horrible,
You still praised me for trying.
You put up with me




No comments:

Post a Comment