Thursday, November 12, 2015

2015 Winning Student Poetry Entry! A Rose Near an Oak Tree by Lexi Dybe

The following is our Second Place Student Poem.  Lexi is a student at Wayne County High School.



A Rose Near an Oak Tree
by Lexi Dybe



I am viewed as a warrior
Although I do not fight
I am seen as a mother
Although I have no little ones
I am regarded as a light
Although I have my dark moments

I have been through times
Where there is horror
I have been through moments
Where smiles aglow
I have been through memories
Where my friends love me

I have been called weak
However strong I may seem
I have been named crudely
However I know I'm not such things
I have been titled "sexy"
However I prefer the word "beautiful"

I have met people
Who have hurt me
I have met those 
Who help me back up
I have met individuals
Who have stolen my heart

I have fallen
On my knees in weakness
I have collapsed
On my hands in sorrow
I have plummeted
On my back, seeing my enemies

I have been through a lot
Seeing a new me
I have been through much
Helping me be
I have been through life
Being the only thing I could be

A single Rose near an Oak Tree



No comments:

Post a Comment