Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Peak Wednesday Wanderings

This is a mountain peak.  Why am I starting with a picture of a mountain peak?  I had a thematic reason for it, but its already escaped me.  Anyways, marginally more people click on a blog story if there is a picture in it.  So it's basically a deception, to think you're going to get to look at pretty pictures instead of a rambling missive.  OK,  So,  Anyways, have a great day!



The end is near.  Tax season, that is.  I am so ready to come down off that mountaintop and rejoin the village of life.  (Wait...did I just thematically tie the picture into the writing?  Awesome!)

The returns are getting stranger as the deadline approaches.  It's not always the people with the best bookkeeping that wait until last.  Yes, I come close to the stress building to a nervous breakdown yesterday.  I probably shouldn't say that, but I just did and I don't feel like erasing it.  I guess as the bookkeeping breaks down, my write keeping breaks down.  Okay, the peanut Gallery tells me that doesn't make much sense. Well, sorry sorry.  I'm not sure that making sense is my first priority this morning.

Once again, my back/leg problem seemed to improve over the weekend.  And once again, as I hit peak week, it's coming back sharper.  I got very little sleep last night, between the physical pain and not being able to shut off the re-runs of tax returns playing in my head.

Baseball's started, at least that's the rumor.  Let me check my magic phone and see how the Tigers are doing.....ah, yes, they're 4 and 2.  That's not too shabby.  Wait...they've already played SIX games??? Hokey smokes!  The next thing you know the basketball and hockey playoffs will start!  What's that, you say?  The Red Wings start their first playoff game tonight?  H - E - Double Hockey Sticks Smokes!

I hate to break this to my fellow Bernie supporters, but it looks like he's going to lose New York, possibly by five to seven percentage points.  Does this mean Hillary will get the Democratic nomination?  Almost certainly.  Does that mean Bernie should pack it up and go home?  H-E-you-get-the-picture NO!  He needs to fight through California and be a strong presence at the convention.  The Bern lights the way to the future.  I will vote for Clinton in the Fall, but my heart belongs to the coming Progressive Majority!  

For future reference, this CPA really likes cookies.

Till Wednesday wanders our way again,

T. M. Strait

P.S.   Next Wednesday is NOT in tax season.  Woohoo!








No comments:

Post a Comment