Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Spring Tinged Tuesday Tidbits

It's  Spring!

Sort of.  I'll feel it officially once we hit April 19th, but I see the signs, at least in fleeting glances.

As I covered in yesterday's blog post, the waving, thundering roll of Spring Break vacations have started. 'Nuff said about that.

It's MLB time!  Major League Baseball hits full swing today, including Detroit's home opener tonight against the Marlins.  Now is the time when you can say with utter confidence that your team WILL be the World Champions! This year, Tigers!  I feel it in my bones!

Speaking of bones, my creaky back is continuing to give me problems.  I'm having pains starting in my lower back, and then extending down into my right hip and leg.  It makes it difficult to sit long, but guess what?  Nothing to be done this time of year.  I'm a big sitter anyways, but no time more so than right now.  Even writing these blog posts is a challenge.  I went to a chiropractor a couple times, and it helped a little, but then they wanted me to sign up for a lot of visits and it spooked me off.  That would take time and money I don't have, or do not want to prioritize in giving.

Back to sports!  I took Villanova Wildcats in the last round of our office pool, and guessing who's sitting pretty (well, sitting pretty while grimacing in pain)?  Oh, yeah!  That'd be me! The game ended with two of the craziest shots I'd ever seen, three pointers that were impossible to make but were made anyways.  I don't know what my prize will be.  Maybe some Biofreeze.

The Walking Dead ended on one of the most intense cliffhangers in the history of television.  What a well played villain by Jeffery Dean Morgan - truly a legendary character debut. As to who met Lucille - I hope to do a blog post about that soon.

Today is the big Wisconsin primary.  My prediction?  Tonight is the beginning of the end of Trump's wild and scary ride.  He should be trounced by Cruz, and possibly come in third.  One long national nightmare is over, and a new one begins - Christomerican Dominionist Ted Cruz.  As for my man Sanders, I predict he'll win, but the mainstream press will still talk about how he doesn't have a chance.  But what the heck - they'll probably be saying that all the way up to his inauguration.

The Comcast corporate odor around MSNBC is getting fouler every day.  Even the few progressive hosts left are dismissing Sanders.  Given all the either nonexistent or negative coverage, it's amazing that Sanders is competitive at all.  Could it be that his ideas, principles and dreams are really catching fire?  I sincerely hope so.  I repeat my calming mantra - Progressive Majority 2020.

Tidbitting done for this foreshadowy  Spring tinged Tuesday!

T. M. Strait






4 comments:

  1. Home opener isn't until Friday. Tonight they are in Miami, But, yeah, IT'S TIGER BASEBALL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was that an exhibition game?

      Delete
    2. Ok, I just read it was a real game but I was mistaken as to where it was. My bad. Because of when it starts up, I'm lucky to know it's going on at all. Anyways, they did win! Maybe the bullpen will keep them in more games this year!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete