Friday, July 29, 2016

Choose Your Adventure!

I am at a crossroads in my writing projects.  I have spent much of my writing time trying to figure out ways to promote my book, History of the Trap.  The biggest disadvantage in self-publishing is that the shy person (me), is in charge of marketing and promotion.  The horn I would rather have somebody else toot I have to grab and toot away.

I am figuring out those buttons and levers.  The ebook has done okay, the personal sales are pretty darn good, but the paperback sales on Amazon are languishing.  I am slowly springing out more ideas, and hopefully I can get that cranked up.

If you have read and/or are reading History of the Trap, or any of my other books (others exclusively in ebook or eshort format), please be sure to leave a review.  These books are often placed by number of purchases and number of reviews, so any help in that regards will be greatly appreciated!  I am on Goodreads as well, so you can also leave reviews there if you are a part of that community.

Where to go next?

Crowley Stories: Swamp's Edge is currently being edited, but is otherwise complete.  We are also in the process of setting up a new computer, and when that is complete, I hope to set up Crowley Stories in a program called Scrivener.  Crowley Stories was written over many months, in different formats using different computers, and Scrivener should help me even out and make uniform the formatting. I don't know how long this will take but it will be my next published novel-length project.

I am also working on a novella entitled My Europa.  It is my accepting of Jack McDevitt's challenge to write a futuristic story with a more optimistic point of view.  That does not mean there isn't drama and tension in the story.  But it does view a world some twenty years from now that has not descended into an apocalyptical hellhole. Translation:  Trump does not get elected.

So, my few but brave and wonderful fans, what should I focus on next?  Keep in mind that I am working towards retirement  from accounting, and the more success I have, the sooner that can happen.

Here are some of my choices:

1) Continue finishing My Europa.  The first few pages are published as a blog entry on The Strait Line.

2) Another Eric Reid story, continuing the characters of Eric Reid and the Time Team, this time focused on trying to stop an assassination in November 1963.  These can be combined and published as a Bookshot style paperback, for the low price of 5 to 6 dollars.

3)  Another Escape the Office romance, similar to Through the Closet and Into the Woods, and then combined to present a Bookshot style paperback, for the low price of 5 to 6 dollars.

4) Do not pass go, do not collect $200 (which would be nice), and go directly to the next book of the Trap series, History of the Trap: Revolution & Rebellion.

5) Concentrate on publishing an extending the collection of autobiographical stories, currently under the title Here Comes Tommy.

6) Collect poems, already written and news ones, and organize into a poetry collection.  Fake Poems Unite!

7)  Any other idea or interest you have, please let me know!

I wish my writing time was not as limited as it is.  So I do have to pick and choose.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Your favorite author (or hopefully somewhere in your top 525,600),

T. M. Strait












1 comment:

  1. Good morning! I will work on my review for History of the Trap...I hate excuses so I will just say sorry this is taking so long. Book was read again and then summer exploded! Crazy busy! Hmmm... glad to hear about the Crowley stories! Follow your heart... you will come up with the right answer. All sounds exciting! Have a very relaxing Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete