Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Discouraging Wednesday Wanderings

If you are one who doesn't like kvetching and prefer more positives posts, you may want to skip this one.

----------------------------------------

For those of you on the general facebook feed, you may know that we lost our recent foster, Jessie.  She had gone with her new family, and slipped out of her harness on one of her first trips outside.  She had not bonded to the them yet, and ran off instead of staying near them.

My family and others have searched the area carefully.  We have spread the word.  But it is like the dog has completely vanished.  We could not find her and no one has seen her.

Jessie is very shy and scared...she may not seek people out, and may be in hiding.  If she is hiding nearby, she may eventually come out.  There are some busy streets nearby, but if she was run over, we could find no evidence of it.  If she went into the nearby woods, she may never be found.

I skipped large portions of my workday, searching the area on foot and by car.  I was joined by Alison and Benjamin in the late afternoon.  She loves Alison and if she was going to come to some one's voice, it would be hers.  She did not.

If you live in the Wacona area of Ware County, and you happen to see Jessie, please contact us or the Humane Society.

Jessie is a tiny dachshund/chihuahua mix, black/dark brown.  She was not wearing a collar when she ran off.


---------------------------------------

To one degree, the RNC Convention is a joke, with lots of moments that are so extreme and ridiculous, it makes for great humor, with comedians and satirists having a field day (more like field week).  But it gives me no great joy.  Yes, the shouts of "Lock her up!"  and calling her a murderer are disturbing and over the top.  Yes, his super-model wife plagiarized parts of First Lady Michelle Obama's speech.  Yes, the Never Trump forces were steamrolled in a dictatorial matter (as will the Bernie people be next week).

Yet none of it gives me great satisfaction.  He should not be the Republican nominee.  He should have lost embarrassingly.  And he needs to lose the general election.  He not only needs to lose, he needs to lose by the greatest landslide in electoral history.  He and his ugly followers need to be excised from the body politic, and marginalized back into obscurity.

--------------------------

And now, to make matters worse, Hilary is tipping her hand that she will indeed pick a Corporate Democrat as her running mate, with my prediction, Sen, Tim Kaine of Virginia, still the frontrunner.  She keeps misdiagnosing what she needs.  There is a hunger in the country to diminish the power held by the wealthy and corporate elites.  She is abandoning Progressives, and making the more naive of us either inclined not to vote or vote third party.  This will only increase Trump's chances.


------------------------

I have not found the right buttons to push to boost sales of my book.  I have only sold four paperback copies online, and so far, I am ZERO for July.  I will keep experimenting, but I would be lying to you if I told you I wasn't discouraged.  I am.

---------------------------

There are many, many positives in my life, which I am extremely grateful for.  You just have to realize...with over 1200 blog posts, not all have them are going to have the fresh, flowery odor of Pollyanna.  Sorry, Hayley Mills.  It's just the way it is.

Wandering out for now,

T. M. Strait






1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Tom... hopefully Jessie is found soon. The rest of this crazy election is just that. Crazy!! Right now... life for many is just so hectic with daily summer busyness. Once things calm down a bit, I believe your book sales will pick up. Take care.

    ReplyDelete