Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Triumphant Tuesday Tidbits!

I am attempting to return to a normal schedule, but we will see.

The book is consuming a lot of the time I normally reserve for writing. The last few years, post tax season, I have usually gotten back into the swing of writing fiction, particularly on Fridays.  That has not been true yet this year.  Trying to perfect and publish History of the Trap has been my priority.

The result?

Kinda mixed.  Only four online sales so far.  I have sold about 15 locally, though.  WayGreen was very successful, selling 11 copies.

The cover is very attractive, and getting a lot of attention.  Thanks to the cover artist, Shardel!

I have created a facebook page for T. M. Strait the Author.  If you have not subscribed to that or liked it, and you are a blog follower, you may want to.  I will try to keep all the latest news on there.

For the first time, I read the book in print.  Yes, I had looked at it a lot on the computer.  But I had sat down and read it as a paperback this weekend.  I had somebody who bought it who had found a couple of typos, so I wanted to check it more carefully,

I did find a few things, enough to let you know that this was indeed a self-published book put out by a very human author.  I did not find anything that altered the story or the enjoyment of it.

But what I did find, reading it over  the weekend as if I was reading a novel written by somebody else was...that it's good.  Damn good.  I know.  I'm biased.  I'm the author.  But I was worried. I had gotten some feedback but not a lot.  And now I know - if nothing else, it's the type of book I enjoy reading.  The characters and what happened to them  meant a lot, and had great impact on me.  The scene where Diane and Lance comfort their father - caused me to cry uncontrollably for quite awhile.  It won't hit many that way.  But Principal Martin is based on my father, and now he's gone, and I could see him saying the things that the character said, and it just affected me deeply.

Well, this is supposed to be a Tuesday Tidbit, so let's see what else I can say....

..............I did not go to any fireworks this year.  And that's just fine with me.  Alison and Benjamin walked to the lakefront and watched some, while I stayed at home and tried to keep the dogs calm.

.............we did not see a movie at the theatre, although Benjamin saw Finding Dory with his MeeMaw, and really liked it.  Alison and I saw the movie Dark Places (starring Charlize Theron) at home.  Alison had read the book, and thought the book was better.  Ain't that almost always the case?  Although, if by some incredible miracle, History of the Trap is made into a major motion picture, I will not be fussing about the quality as I will be too busy purchasing a condo in Traverse City.

...............speaking of Traverse City, it was the highlight of our recent trip to Michigan.  I think, if we had money, Alison and I would become snowbirds, spending our summers in Traverse City and our winters in Blackshear.  Ya gotta have dreams, real or not.


...........the Tigers are starting to get beyond the 50-50 morass they were in, but not enough yet to be true playoff contenders.  You never know, though.  There still is a lot of season left.


.............I'm going to repeat this one a lot, so get used to it.......Is it possible for you to be a Christian and vote for Trump?  Yes.  Is it possible for you to say you're voting for Trump because you are a Christian? No.  No, you can't do that.


Tidbit over and out,

T. m. Strait



No comments:

Post a Comment