Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Fiddling On A Tuesday


Beats me.  Maybe that's what a fiddle looked like back then.

Once again, I will try to clear my head and stay apolitical.  I can't be writing about the disaster that lies before us all the time, now can I?

Although I can clearly see from my page view stats that it is my political posts that get the most page views.

And it feels a bit like fiddling while Rome burns.

Oh, well.  Somebody toss me the fiddle while we watch the flames.

----------------------------------

We saw a movie!   Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them.  I finally removed my ban on seeing movies in the Harry Potter universe until Benjamin read them.  I don't know if it was a truly great film, but it was a good one.  The scenes through the suitcase kind of zoned me out - I'm not sure why.  But the rest of the movie was pretty entertaining.  One of the major villains was a Senator who clearly had corporate and fascist overtones.  He reminded me of...CRAP!  I said I was going to try to avoid politics.  My bad.

Doug is coming down in a couple of days, and we hope to see The Arrival.  Hopefully it will still be on, as its box office has been fair but not sensational.  It sounds good, but I do wonder if it may be a little too artsy-fartsy.  Anyways, it sounds better than some of the alternatives.

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm a little miffed that Michigan is now ranked behind Ohio State in this week's polls.  Then I realized it don't matter none as next week's game will settle that.  The game will be played in Columbus.  That makes it tougher to win, but more impressive if they do. I really want the Wolverines to be in the college playoffs this year.  And it would be extra sweet if they beat Alabama for the title.  To do this, however, they're going to have to play better than they have for the last two weeks.

------------------------------------------------

I have had the week off, trying to utilize my extra vacation time.  It's not a write-cation.  I know that I need to write more, particularly fiction, but I thought it would be nice to just have some time with the family, since we are all home.

------------------------------

Part of our vacation will be spent in Fernandina, on the beach in Florida.  We had originally booked a place on Tybee Island, but the recent hurricane caused enough damage around where we booked, that it was cancelled and we relocated.  I am looking forward to it - movies, restaurants, board games, walks, and reading.  My middle son, Doug, will be with us.

---------------------------------

I have been cleaning up the study where I write, and have discovered that it is about twice the size that I thought it was.

------------------------------

I am going to start posting stuff soon about WACT's latest show coming up the weekend after Thanksgiving, A Suessified Christmas Carol, directed by my good friend, Rhonda Robbins.  It should be a great show!  I passed thinking Benjamin and I would try out for the musical instead, and I didn't want to burn out on too many shows in a row.

------------------------------

How am I doing?

I hope my non-political friends are happy. Me?  The flames are getting to be too much.

I have to set my fiddle down and get back to it.

I was wrong.

I just can't watch it burn.













No comments:

Post a Comment