Thursday, November 17, 2016

Twirling It Thursday Style

I should add a picture to this.  Stats show that adding a picture increases my blog traffic by an exponentially significant margin.  But this morning I just don't feel like hunting one down.

----------------------------------

Nine days out and I still feel awful.  I'm losing sleep, I'm  stressed, I'm angry.  No matter how often and in so many varied ways people try to explain it to me, nothing is sinking in.  It makes no sense to me.  I can't rationalize or justify anyone who voted this authoritarian con man.

All the Republicans around here who seemed repulsed by him - many of them had to be lying to me.  The Republican vote for the President in Pierce County was stronger than ever, 86% to the Democrat's 12%.  So many put on their "Christian Right Cloak of Superiority" and voted for the "Grabber".  I can't remember when a vote verdict has disgusted me more.

So now I have to go out and work and love with the political barbarians.  It's too much.  And yet...the bill is there.  It has to be paid.  Life finds a way to go on.

--------------------------------

I have next week off.  It's not really aimed to be a writecation, although I do hope to write some.  It's more of a family time.  My middle son, Doug, will be here for some of it.  We'll spend part of at Fernandina.

------------------------------

I hope to continue with My Europa, my optimistic science fiction novella set in the 2030s.  I may need to do some re-write, as part of it is premised on Drumpf losing in 2016.  Well, that certainly makes the "optimistic" part more difficult, didn't it?

------------------------------

Some are telling me that the Michigan Wolverines could still make the college playoffs, despite their disappointing loss to Iowa.  Of course, the would have to beat Ohio State at their stadium.  And that is a very big if.

-----------------------------

Outside West World and The Walking Dead, there is little TV that is exciting me now.  There are some good programs on, but few that reach the level of "Event TV".

-------------------------------

I am trying hard to reach for topics outside of the disastrous political events that are happening before us, and I'm finding it difficult.

They are talking about a Muslim registry again.

This isn't my country.  It can't be.

Yet I live amongst them.

God help us and protect us and see us through these dark times.






2 comments:

  1. I want to say something to make you feel more positive about this whole election... I just can't. Disgusted and disappointed is really an understatement. I have to stay positive for the sake of my granddaughters, so I decided to limit my news watching and reading... and keep my love ones close. My dearest, oldest friend ,a married gay man, told me. He has been through worse things in life...and he will get through this also! I am also getting geared up for the next election. Hang in there! You are not alone. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I have high hopes for a coming Progressive Majority, but I fear how rough the next few years may be. I keep thinking we'll make it thought this...and then I turn on the news....oy, what a mess!

    ReplyDelete