Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Short Stack Wednesday Wanderings

Benjamin is the blur in the Santa cap.

I have already received what may be my best Christmas gift of the season.  My son, Benjamin, performed in the Christmas show put on by the Pierce County High School's Choir and Theater classes.  He played Santa Claus in a skit, and proved to be a true King of Comedy.  He also sang with the choir, and he was not afraid to sing loud and proud.  I never thought I would ever hear National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation's Holiday Road sung by a high school choir, but there it was, a very special treat.

----------------------------------------------

I have been invited to preview the WACT play A Suessified Christmas Carol, and to publish a blog story about it.  I am honored to do that, and I will do my best.  There are a lot of my favorites in this, and I look forward to it.  And it will be one less blog post that is not totally focused on politics, which may make some happy.

--------------------------------------

The Flying Dragon Arts Center, our great local children's theater, is hoping to solidify their fundraising, and insure that this great group that has been contributing so much to the community, can continue and cover their basic bills.  These include rent and utilities. They are looking for sponsors that can pledge a contribution each month, and they are hoping to get enough to cover those basic costs.  This group, called Dragon Boosters, would be honored sponsors of this great group, and as Flying Dragon is a 501-c3, your gift would be tax deductible.  Please check out the Flying Dragon facebook page for more details.


----------------------------------------

What are my current TV favorites?  I currently enjoy the most Timeless and Designated Survivor.  On HBO, West World is a favorite, and on basic cable, I am still gripped by The Walking Dead, although the scattered storytelling of different characters in different locations is just making me realize how few episodes we have left in the first part of this season.  Hopefully, we'll have more episodes that spread the storytelling out among different characters rather than episodes focused on one or two characters.  Streaming, I am watching Homeland, and am only in the middle of the second season - pretty good, and am fascinated by the Mideast terrorist sleeper agent angle, particularly running as a potential Vice Presidential candidate, although I must say, substitute Russian for Mideast, and it hits a little close to the bone.  Alison wants to stream the new Gilmore Girls episodes, but so far has only seen one.  So no spoilers, please.


---------------------------------

Hokey smokes!  My short stack has done been filled!  Still find I have to go to work.  And if the extremists in control of this country eliminate Social Security and Medicare, that may be a permanent state.  Thanks, Trumpeteers.  Hope you're ready to shelter your in-laws in the garage.


To the coming Progressive Majority!

T. M. Strait









No comments:

Post a Comment