Monday, December 12, 2016

Should Haves Monday Musings

I should have taken Benjamin to the Jekyll Island Comic con, but I did not.

I should have gone to A Suessified Christmas Carol again, but I did not.

I should have watched some college football, but I did not.

I should have gone out to a movie, but I did not.

I should have given a speech about the budget, but I did not.

I should have gotten over the fact that the highly unqualified and dangerous Trump is on track to be our next President, but I have not.

I should have done more writing this weekend, but I did not.

Instead, I enjoyed the home I have here with Alison, Benjamin and the pets.  Sometimes it's good just to catch up with the simpler things.

The Comic con trip got derailed because the weekend snuck up on me, and Benjamin had friends over Friday and Saturday, to help him celebrate his birthday.  By the time we were able to go, it seemed late to start a day where the entry fees to get in would be $50 for both of us.  Additionally, there would be gas, food, and how could one go all that way without purchasing something(s)?  The costs just seem to be weighed out by instead just spending the day at home with my son.

I have less an excuse to not have gone back to A Suessified Christmas Carol,  I just did not spend enough time trying to organize a trip that included Alison, Benjamin and MeeMaw.  It was a very good show and worth seeing again.  This was an organizational flaw on my part.

College football, for me, is done.  The Michigan-OSU game broke my heart, and my desire to watch more games.  I'll see the Orange Bowl where Michigan takes on Florida State, but that's about it.  I do feel it's wrong for Ohio State to be in the four teams playing for the championship.  I think it should be Penn State.  Winning conference championships should mean something.

I love going to movies, but there was nothing compelling to see.  I like to see movies that need to be seen on the big screen.  We do hope to get out to Star Wars:Rogue One.

I was prepared to give a speech about the budget at the annual church meeting, but I think they decided to go into a different direction than I was proposing.  That may be just as well, because I was planning on being very tough.

I didn't write, but I did do a lot of organizational work that should help my writing in the future.  I did receive word that Rose, Alison;s mother, has finished her edit of Crowley Stories.  As soon as I get that, I can start the final finalization of that book.

For a portion of my readers, the next four years are going to be very difficult.  Every day I wake up angry at the election, those who voted for him, and the horrible direction our country is headed in. The transition has been not as bad as I thought it would be.  It has been much, much worse, and given how bad I thought it was going to be, that is pretty darn bad.  Cabinet heads who came from the lower rungs of Dante's Hell, an unprecedented level of conflicts of interest, Clinton's clear popular vote win, and the Russians manipulating and hacking our system to directly benefit one candidate.

Remember the debate where Clinton accused Trump of being a puppet of Putin, and Donald Trump shouted back, repeatedly, "No, you're the puppet!"?

I bet you thought he was shouting at Clinton.

Surprise.

He was shouting at his voters.*

Cut the strings, Trumpeteers.  Cut them now.  This nonsense has gone far enough.

God help us all.




*ok, not really.  But it sure fits.







No comments:

Post a Comment