Friday, December 9, 2016

The Ocean Sea by Myra Relyea - 3rd Place Student Poetry Winner 2016 OHC Writer's Contest

Our poetry winner, Myra Relyea.
I am proud to publish on The Strait Line our 3rd place student poem, The Ocean Sea by Myra Relyea. Myra is an active middle schooler who, in addition to writing, enjoys swimming and chorus.  This talented young person has albinism and visual impairment, but that just encourages her to enjoy life's challenges and adventures.  Her mother, Cristina, is also a writing award winner, and a very active and valued participant in our OHC Writer's Guild.


The Ocean Sea
  by Myra Relyea

I enter the water suddenly noticing the silence peaceful
Calm warm water
Then suddenly a swarm of fish surround me
A quiet beautiful setting to see
In the deep blue sea.
My hair flowing through the water
Sand between my toes
Who knows where I'll go
Prancing around as the fish follow me, I feel so free!
I try to say I need oxygen
I pray and pray to get up there fast enough
I reach the surface
I try to breath but I notice there are gills on my skin
I go underwater once again.

2 comments: