Monday, December 26, 2016

The Drone You Are Looking For: Monday Musings

Is this the drone you are looking for!  Benjamin Strait please with his big present form his brother Greg.


Merry Christmas, ye all!

Took a brief break from posting for our short trip to Atlanta, and to spend some quality family time.But I'm back now, and will be trying to re-establish my old routines.

We had a loverly good time with Doug, and met his girlfriend, Paige. She was very pleasant and fun to be around, and Benjamin told us, "Doug picked good".  I would have more pictures but I have fallen out of the habit of using my phone to take pictures.  I will try to do better.

We saw the movie Star Wars: Rogue One, and was impressed.  It held the spirit of the original as well as any of the other movies I had seen.  It was darker in tone, but still an adventure worth seeing, on that ultimately raised a new hope.

Seeing a movie based on important information that gets to Princess Leia, it was a bit of a shock to step out of the theatre and find out, virtually at or near the time we were seeing the movie, Carrie Fisher (the actress that plays Princess Leia) had a heart attack while on a plane.  At posting this, she is recovering, although word on her condition has been somewhat limited.

And then came the news on Christmas Day that pop singer George Michael had died at just 53.  He was a favorite of Alison, and another tough loss in a very tough year.  I'll reserve my comments about 2016 until my end of the year column.  But yes, it's been a tough year.

Speaking of that, Electoral Elect Trump continues to careen from idiotic statement to the next.  His threats to explode another senseless nuclear arms race were both stupid and frightening, and in such keeping with the Christmas spirit.  As was his godawful Christmas Tweetcard picture of him alone walking in front of a Christmas tree, not smiling and with a ting fist salute.

I am going to change the setting for my political postings to friends instead of public.  Too many friend of friend crazies leap on.  I would love to refute them all, but I simply don't have the time, and some of them are getting personally insulting to other individuals that comment.  I would've hoped that social media would have helped us find common ground, where in reality it only seems to be further dividing us.  I will continue to post The Strait Line (even political post), the Song of the Day, and other non-political posts as public.  Unless I forget.  It's hard for me to go back and forth.

I hope you and yours had a great Christmas Day, and continue to enjoy this blessed Christmas season!

Until next time,

T. M. Strait









No comments:

Post a Comment