Saturday, December 17, 2016

Where Do You Go To Hear The Silence? by Alexis Derr :2016 OHC Writer's Contest First Place Student Poetry

Alexis Derr, our first place student poetry winner, reading her prize winning poem at our 3rd Annual Writer's Award Ceremony.


Alexis Derr is our first place winner in poetry winner.  She is a student in Wayne County, and was a judge's award winner last year.  This year she received our highest total score!  Congratulations, Alexis!


Where Do You Go To Hear The Silence?
by Alexis Derr

I know a place so quiet, you can hear the silence.

A place you can almost touch the silkiness of the void.

Oh how I long to be there.

Away from the crowd, away from the world.

Where serenity flows like a sweet, soft river

And the land around gazes on with a gleaming eye.

It is there, that I find myself.

Where I truly find myself.

I get lost in the tranquility of that place.

The solitude offers as a release.

Gently, ever so gently, lulling me to peace.

The faint scent of rain and earth,

Pull me to those grounds.

Only to face that I must leave and return to normal life.

I wish I could be there,

Perched upon that great rock,

Sitting in a dewy meadow of utter quiet

And deafening silence.

This place, is where I go...

In order to hear the silence.









2 comments: