Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Almost Comb-able Wednesday Wanderings



I feel it.  Almost gettin' there.  Almost comb-able. 

Okay, maybe not that close.  When I feel it, it doesn't seem to spike up everywhere.  Some places it lies flat.  Well, with a little encouragement, and putting on my rose-colored glasses.

I'm less compulsive about wearing a hat, at least at home.  I noticed at church that I all ready have more hair than many of the guys there.  Even that being true, I'm not used to short hair.  I'm looking forward for it to grow back to normal.

------------------------------

I see Grammarly has shown up today, my sporadical friend. The one I overrule about half the time.  Even when it's right, it may miss my colloquial soul.  Sometimes it just feels right to be wrong.

-----------------------------

I lost the final round of the March Madness pool.  My Michigan Wolverines did not come through in the final game.  It was a fantastic ride, but National Championships are not easy to come by.  Unless you're an Alabama football fan, or Villanova basketball.  Oh, well.  Go Blue!  Someday....someday.

------------------------------

Every workplace needs to treat people like an investment, something that they need to nurture and respect.  Not like easily replaceable cogs in a great wheel.  No wonder so many employers are eyeing automation and robots to replace as many people as they can.

And please don't think that if wages are held low, that will discourage employers from replacing their people wherever they can.  The idea to do things as cheaply as possible, regardless of what does to its employees, is deeply ingrained in capitalist culture. 

It doesn't have to be.  I've read books and seen articles that demonstrate that there are successful companies that follow the Golden Rule.  Apparently, it just goes against a deeper sense of immediate greed that permeates the way many of us think.

One can never lose hope though.  Culture is not always permanently fixed.  The wake-up call could come at any time.

------------------------------

Speaking of wake-up calls, Trump continues to descend into madness.  He is delighted that he is only a "subject" of a criminal investigation, and not yet identified as a criminal.  Well, time will tell. 

Meanwhile, he continues to demonize immigrants, as if they were responsible for American troubles.  He denigrates a major company because it also owns a major newspaper that does diligent journalism that he doesn't like, and in the process maligns the U.S. Post Office.  The stock market, one of the few things he could braggadocio about, continues to slide on his erratic behavior.  I swear to you, the only thing he is accomplishing is solidifying China's future supremacy.

Even with everything he's done, I had somebody, when trying to think of a corrupt politician, skipped this bozo entirely, and went straight to Hilary Clinton and how she should be in jail.  Really?  No, I am not now nor have I ever been a Clintonista, but she is a minor annoyance compared to Trump, for whom Dante is busily creating a tenth level of Hell just to accommodate the level of corruption, greed, narcissism, racism, sexism, and megalomania that Trump represents.

-------------------------------

Oh, I have to go to work.

Be sure to keep checking into The Strait Line, for more wild hair stories!







1 comment:

  1. Grammarly is reminiscent of elementary school.. A colleague overheard me complaining in a round table and turned me on to INK For ALL, I really enjoy how non meddling it is

    ReplyDelete