Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Hair Back Wednesday Wanderings


It's not completely back, but close enough for blog shoes. I'm not unhappy here,  Just trying to get my head angled right so that the hair is emphasized.

It may have a little bit to grow back yet, but not much more, as I intend to wear my hair slightly shorter now.  Keep my look between Dapper Dan and Hobo Man.

---------------------------------

CPA work is cut back, but not gone.  Still trying to adjust to new schedule - see what I can or can't do.

Soon, the schedule will change again, as we'll gear up for a summer audit.

I don't know how many weeks I'll have where I don't go in at all.  Only time will tell on that.

--------------------------------------

Still struggling with the concept that so many White Evangelicals voted for Donald Trump, and continue to support him.  I think I have to remove it from the realm where those who support him think they can defend their position by repeating Christian Reich talking points.  I'm not ignorant of the explanations for why some people voted for and support him.  They just don't make any sense to me.

So, I should stop making it sound like I'm asking the Trumpeteers to explain themselves. I should be asking what it will take for them to abandon him.

Even if he resigns or is impeached, we're still going to be faced with a large group of people whom I refer to as the Trump Rump, those ride or die low-information voters who'll refuse to believe anything said against him, no matter the proof.  These are not people who will go quietly into the night, or should I rather say, into the bright light of a new and enlightened era.

Those of us in the rural areas where Trump has dominated may be in for a time of even greater hostility and made to feel more uncomfortable than ever.

---------------------------------------------

I have not done much with the Purlie Production of Romeo & Juliet, but I highly endorse it and encourage all people in the area to come see it.  It has an excellent cast, a nice mix of veterans and newcomers.  It's great to see Shakespeare come to this area.  I love having broad-based theatre and opportunities.  Children's theatre, high school productions, big community musicals, great comedies, serious dramas, little theatres with troupes of veteran actors, big community theatres giving experiences to wide groups of people, everything from Shakespeare to broad Southern comedies.  We need them all, and I'm glad we have them.


Wanderingly Yours,

T. M. Strait











No comments:

Post a Comment