Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Bedding on a Wednesday: Keeping Your Distance 36


We have dog beds throughout our house.

Did I say dog beds?  Sorry, Skitty.  I meant to say pet beds.

We have two in the study where I write, including an open crate that they wander in and out of.  There are two more in the hall leading to the master bedroom.  In the kitchen, there is a blanket in the bottom part of the kitchen island that Boss-A-Man often uses.  In the living room, there are two more beds.  They also use multiple chairs and sofas throughout the house.

Being home more, I observe and participate more in their life.  They have vast swaths of time where they ignore me.  In the afternoon, they are usually more interested in me.  They get fed supper around 4:30 (they're all older pets - they like the senior early bird special).  Pixie has an abysmal sense of time.  She'll get excited for supper time starting at about 2:00. 

Cocoa Bear likes to spend most of the day outside. I get concerned when it's really hot, but when the temp is mild - more power to her.  Ellie likes to go out at night more - I think that is when the night crawlies come out, and they must be important dietary supplements for her.

It's just one of those things I like about being home more.  It's an important part, but not the only part.

Maybe I'm not a fair spokesperson for wanting people to wear masks and socially distant. Perhaps I'm not the best advocate for staying at home.  Many of you are not comfortable doing it.  The American culture is breaking at the seams because we are social people.  What I'm perfectly happy with, many others are not.

You can see this on many sides of the social and political spectrum.  Church, shopping, theatre, even Trump rallies - are all too tempting for some.  Those on my side of the political aisle are coming out in full force to protest the horrendous actions of the police and others against black men and others.

I will say this - outdoors with a mask is a lot less dangerous than being cramped inside a church or arena with NO MASK.

It's not over.  Cases in Georgia and Ware/Pierce County are on the rise.  A mask and social distancing are more crucial than ever.

It's crazy out there.

Stay as safe as you can.  I know many of you are not like me.  Many of you need to get out.  But I'm begging you - wear a mask—social distance.  Use your fricking brain.

And make all of us feel better by publicly declaring you won't vote for the man who made it so much worse than it had to be - Donald J  Trump.

Thank you.

















No comments:

Post a Comment