Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Tomato Time! Keeping Your Distance 35


You say tomato and I say tomato.

Ok, that looks the same in print.  I guess you'd have to be inside my head (a scary proposition).

Alison was able to pull ripe tomatoes and lettuce from our garden, enough to be the foundations of a delicious salad.



Here's another bunch she got a day or two later.

I know that there are pictures on my social media that show much more spectacular garden results than the ones we're getting.  But to us, it is significant.  Our other gardens produced pretty close to zero, so these results are spectacular by our standards.

We do have plenty more, but there are only ripening at bout two or three a day.  And that is fine by us.  It's the amount that Alison can eat.  Any quicker and we've have to get into canning or something.

Maybe someday we'll need to can some and give away some.  

But we're not there yet.

And that's okay.








2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I've tried tomatoes twice with no success. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. We have tried a few times over the years, and this is our first success.

    ReplyDelete