Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Strategic Facebook Withdrawal

Some will not see this as they don't read the blog, but for those who do, here's what's happening.

First, I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes, particularly to those who sent personal messages.  It's a tough age to face - being 65 means you are now officially a no-excuses old person.  But it's much better with friends and family that care for you.

I have decided to withdraw my involvement from Facebook, at least for a while.  There are many exceptions to this, which I will explain, but it primarily means I will not be posting memes or other responses.  I will not be engaging anyone.

It's getting way too depressing.  And I need to once again prioritize some health issues.  Trying to combat with Trumpeteers and Co-vidiots is causing me too much anxiety.  I have to take a break.  That means very little time on Facebook spent scrolling, reposting, responding.  That means no reposting of memes, no matter how important I feel they are in making anti-Trump messages.

I will still be doing the following:

You may see me briefly because I will be playing the CBS Sports Baseball Game I have been addicted to for the last year.  It tasks about 20 to 30 minutes each day.

I will still be posting a Song of the Day.  I don't think many see it, because of the vagaries of Facebook algorithms, but I've been doing it pretty much every day for the last six years, so I find it kind of hard to stop.  I still find it fascinating that no one is really curious about the method behind the madness of Song of the Day song selection.  Again, though, that's probably because even my closest friends probably don't see it in their feed.  Thank you, Facebook.

I will be posting blog stories, but only to groups and pages.  My political posts will be on political groups I belong to.  The rest will be on my T. M. Strait author page.

DON'T FORGET.  YOU CAN BOOKMARK THE STRAIT LINE AND GO DIRECTLY TO IT.  YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GO TO FACEBOOK TO ACCESS MY BLOG STORIES. YOU CAN GO "STRAIT" THERE!

If you need to message me directly, text or call me.  I may monitor Facebook messenger, but I can't guarantee how frequently that will be.  I will make an effort to respond to messages left on my Facebook author page, T. M. Strait.

This is not a complete Facebook withdrawal.  It is a strategic withdrawal.  I have to prioritize my time and health.

Please don't vote for Trump.

Please understand that the coronavirus pandemic is far from over, and American behavior is prolonging and increasing how destructive it is.

Stay safe!














2 comments:

  1. Hi Tom, I can totally understand your decision. I, too, have cut way back on FB and even tv news. It can seriously play havic with your health. I can only hope and pray that things will change come November. I did indeed ask you about your decision making on "Song of the Day" choices. But, it was many moons ago. I tried to find it in my messages, but could not. I always know that there is a method to your madness. So, rest assured, I will not be voting for Trump. You will feel much better with time away from FB. I know I sure do. Stay healthy! Your friend always...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I appreciate hearing from you! All in all, things are going well at the Strait Household, even though it is depressing how much the country is suffering. As far as Facebook, the pro-Trump people were hard enough, but when you throw in the covidiots, it became very hard. The most surprising thing to me, since I've cut back posting as much on my general news-feed, the Strait Line view numbers have actually GONE UP!!! Go figure!

      Delete