Wednesday, October 7, 2020

On the Bench

 


I have not seen this yet, but I can attest this is a great play, a fun delight.  I base this on having been in it before, and the cast that I see is in it now.  I hope to go this weekend, although it may be all the way to the last night.

When I go, I will ensure that I am sitting socially distanced (I'm sure that WACT is taking measures for this as well).  I may wear my mask if I feel it is necessary.

I miss performing in theatre.  I have had to pass on the first two plays that WACT has cast.  It is not easy for me, as I wanted to be both in this production and the upcoming Elf the Musical.  

I've been contacted by both people from both plays, wanting me to try out, or even offering specific parts.  It's been very hard for me to pass, but I have felt it necessary to do so.

I'm a card-carrying old person now (yep, I've got my Medicare card in my wallet), and because of my age, hypertension, and prediabetes, my risk is slightly higher than others.  I have always had an excellent immune system, with only one major flu/virus in the last twenty-five years. I'm blessed but not superhuman.  More importantly, I have to consider others in my life.  Alison's parents both have conditions that put them at great risk if they contract the virus.  Benjamin has asthma.  So, I have reasons to be cautious.

I can't judge what others are doing.  I'm sure WACT is doing everything they can to make it as safe as they can.

I look forward to returning to the theatre.  It is in my blood - I love to perform.  I miss my fellow thespians.  I know my age and weight limit the roles I qualify for, but I still would love to contribute where I could.

WACT is one of the longest-running theater groups in the state.  Let's do what we can to support them, even in these tough times.  Even if you are not ready to see a play yet, please become a member and support their efforts.








No comments:

Post a Comment