Thursday, August 30, 2012

No More Waiting at the Gate

There was nothing more left to say.
The trail was going to end today.
Everything was brought to a close.
Nothing else but a parting pose.

But the journey to the new gate was over.
Behind lay a rustic field of clover.
Ahead a blank white slate.
A path to a new and risky fate.

Goodbye my friend who led me here,
Goodbye to all that I once did fear.
Hello to the promise of the new.
Hello to the wayward pew.

Time to cross.
Time to toss.
Time to bid adieu.
Time to make anew.

With a wave, I am gone.
With a step, it is dawn.
With a glance, the colors change.
With a dance, I see an open range.

Someone comes to greet me.
Someone whom I long to see.
Someone from so very long ago.
Someone whose dress does flow.

I take wing to you.
I no longer fear you.
I am no more afraid.
I find a new day made.






No comments:

Post a Comment