Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Chilly Wednesday Wanderings

It's cold this morning.  Even for this quasi-Yankee. Time for the usual snide comments about how this refutes Global Warming.

I had somebody bring this up yesterday.  I calmly explained how this actually was a sign of Global Warming, how the jet-streams and ocean currents were changing weather patterns.  She looked at me as if I was somebody dangerous, somebody you just needed to quietly back away from.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


I have so many themes bouncing around inside my head, it is very hard to narrow it down, and have sufficient time to write this morning,.  And my time today is partly cut in taking care of the dogs.  They could not stay out long due to the extreme cold.  And for my Michigan friends, that means about 27.  You know, what you would call a warm winter morning.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, the feedback part of Facebook continues to get worse.  I have had a lot of trouble getting nominations this year for Ripping Good Yarn's Movie Hall of Fame.  The stories get page views, they just don't get many nominations.  If I change profile pictures, I get a huge number of likes.  If I ask something silly, like pancakes or waffles, I will get a good number of responses.  But no longer for most everything else.  My political stuff gets likes and a few rare comments form some of my liberal friends, but the only conservatives that comment anymore are classmates I had from Bridgeport, Michigan.  Which is another story I still have to write.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I still have three winning entries to go for the Okefenokee Writer's Contest.  They are the adult stories and they take too long to write up in the morning in the time that I have, so I will have to catch them when I can.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The play that Benjamin and I are participating in, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, is going very well.  I have a bit part with just five lines, but Benjamin has a bigger part and he is knocking it out of the park.  I hope all of you in the area can come see it the first two weeks in December.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Christianity has helped inspire my belief that love will triumph over hate.  I am a short term pessimist and a long term optimist.  Things will get better, we will bring the Kingdom of Heaven closer to Earth.  But it may not be a smooth course.  There may be setbacks.  There will be times when you think things are moving forward, but then there will be things that make you wonder if that is true, and the dark Dickensian Era is actually coming back.  But even through the fear and worry, the terrible shifts away from progress, I will not lose heart.  Christ has shown us the way.  If we do not take ourselves on that journey, it is our fault - not his.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I could wander all day, but I still have work responsibilities.  I am only 10% retired, and in a few weeks, my work schedule goes from 90% to 125%.  But never fear, Strait Line followers.  I will do my best to keep up this blog.  And I will do my best, in some small way, to keep the light of hope on,


T. M .Strait







No comments:

Post a Comment