Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Break Time is A Coming Through

I feel the power of a break coming through!  I work today and tomorrow, and then I have Thursday and Friday off.  That is a four day weekend.  Of course, there is a minor medical procedure to prepare for on Thursday and then go through on Friday, but nevertheless, four days off work!  Woohoo!

Than next week I only have two work days, and then I will be off Wednesday through Monday, including Christmas.  I also hope to get up to Atlanta and see both Greg  (who is flying in from LA) and Doug, my two older sons.  That is a whopping six day weekend!

Alison's last day before her break is this Wednesday, and then she will be off from December 18 through January 4, going back to work on Monday the 5th.  That is 18 days.

Benjamin's last day before break is today.  Yes, today.  His break starts tomorrow.  He got an extra day because of good grades.  They reward for those who like school and are doing well is an additional day out of school.  He goes back on to school on Wednesday, January 7th.  That's 21 days.  Three full weeks.  Benjamin will be on break for three entire weeks.

I thought my four days and six days were pretty awesome, but suddenly I feel a little dwarfed.  And mine are only that much because I'm 10% retired and don't work most Fridays outside of tax season, and I have gone up from twelve vacation days a year to fifteen.  There are some at my work who are taking much less time than I do this Christmas season.

Then there are some in other lines of work who are taking substantially less time.  There are first responders and others who will probably even be working Christmas Day.  I wish there was more balance and respect in our economy, but that isn't universally true.  Ah, France!  Where six weeks vacation a year is  what even entry level workers get!

Nevertheless, Benjamin....three weeks?  Really?

I am so jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment