Monday, December 29, 2014

Taking Chamblee the Strait Way!


The Strait Boys (Doug, Benjamin, Greg) find the anime store, Pica Pica, at Sugarloaf Mills Mall.  This is one of the best kid-friendly malls I've ever been too.  Of course, two of these "kids" are in their thirties, but they are all still kids to me.

It was a great joy for Alison and me to spend the weekend in the Atlanta area with these three fine young gentleman.  Doug has a condo unit in Chamblee, a very nice loft-style place, and he is fitting comfortably in the community, even attending a city council meeting.

We had great pizza from Vintage Pizza, a local place just a couple of blocks from his residence, and a wonderful Greek meal at a Greek restaurant at Sugarloaf Mills.




There was mucho playing of games, including Apples to apples and Settlers of Cataan.  The boys loved the Settlers game.  I enjoyed watching them play, as I tried to participate, but mostly served as fodder for others and as comic relief.  Here, Benjamin is showing the new robot he built from Legos.  I am very grateful that they all have a natural ability at those things, because I have trouble even figuring out how to open the box.




All of us are huge movie fans, so we had to catch at least one movie together.  So what did we pick?  BIG EYES!  This Tim Burton movie bombed spectacularly at the box office, but it got our money!  And it was well worth it!  Yes, it was the most tame of all the Tim Burton movies, but it was an interesting story well told, with very good acting performances.  Alison and I loved the San Francisco scenes, and how they created a late fifties/early sixties feel to it.  I think many of my friends would enjoy this movie if they can find it and are willing to give it a chance.

All in all, it was another fantastic visit with my three sons!




No comments:

Post a Comment