Friday, December 19, 2014

History of the Trap: March Coup Part 3

3

The hallway of Huron General.  Dr. Marr and  Hospital owner Andrea Goldman are clutching each other at one end of the hallway.  Standing with them is Detective Linn Sharpton, with a gun pointed at Reddy Pulvey, the hospital janitor who is at the other end, with a knife to the throat of Nurse Rackett.

Detective Sharpton:  Put down the weapon, Reddy!  This can't end well for you.  The best thing for you to do is to let her go, and we can talk about this at police headquarters.          
Reddy Pulvey:  Stay away from me, Copper.  I know you got the goods on me, but I ain't coming quietly.  Back away or I gut her like the squealing pig she is. 

Nurse Rackett squeals.

Reddy Pulvey:  Shut up, you sniveling cow.  You treat me like dirt, and even though I'm nice to you, you don't give me the time of day.  This is what you deserve!

Enter Doctor Ronald Scott, Chief of Surgery.  He stands behind Detective Sharpton.

Dr. Scott:  What is going on here?  Reddy, have you lost your mind?

Reddy Pulvey:  No!  I've just found it!  I'm not covering for you anymore Dr. Scott!  It's over! 

Dr. Scott turns to Detective Sharpton, looking baffled.

Dr.  Scott:  You see?  The man is obviously insane!

Reddy Pulvey:  No, I'm not.  You're the one who told me to kill Judge McKenzie!  You didn't want Dr. Marr to know that you were her real brother and that it was you that set fire to their house and killed your parents!

Dr.  Marr:  What?  That can't be!  You're Frankie?  I thought you had died in that fire as well!

Nurse Rackett:  At one time, weren't you like his...girlfriend?  Yee-yuck!

Dr.  Scott:  I'm no such person!  I deny everything!

Reddy Pulvey:  Do you deny that you told me just yesterday to kill Andrea Goldman?  That you didn't like her rejecting your advances and the way she was looking into your expense account? 

A light went on in Andrea's head.

Andrea Goldman:  Oh, my stars!  That's who I overheard you on the phone with yesterday.  'Take care of it for me.  I'm tired of dealing with the no's and the meddling'!  And I had just figured out that you were having the hospital pay thousands to a Ready Medical Supplies!  (She points to Reddy)  That's him!  You were paying him to...murder!

Dr. Scott growled at Reddy Pulvey.

Dr. Scott:  You!  You worthless scum!  How dare you drag me into your criminal madness!

Reddy roared and threw Nurse Rackett to the ground. He charged down the hall towards Dr. Scott, flailing his knife.  Detective Sharpton shoots and Reddy crumples to the hall floor, just a few feet away from Dr. Scott.

Dr. Scott:  Thank goodness you shot him, Detective!  Who knows that madman would do next?

Detective Sharpton turns and points her gun at Dr. Scott.

Detective Sharpton:  You're under arrest!  As an accomplice to the murder of Judge Adam McKenzie, Duncan Rheinz, Amelia Proust and conspiracy to murder Andrea Goldman, I hereby order you to surrender.

Deputy Billy Dodge entered and handcuffed Dr. Scott.

Dr. Scott:  My lawyer will have your job, you pathetic excuse for a detective. 

Detective Sharpton:  I guess that would be from whatever lawyer you haven't had killed yet.

Dr. Brenda Marr gently grabbed Dr. Scott's arm as he passed by.

Dr. Marr:  Frankie, I promise you.  I'll do whatever I can for you.  If you're my brother, I owe you that.

Dr. Scott leaned over and whispered in her ear, before he could be pulled away.

Dr. Scott:  The fire should have got you too.

A pair of medics rushes to Reddy Pulvey to see if they can resuscitate him.  Dr Marr does not.  She is shocked by what Dr. Scott has whispered to her.

A wobbly Nurse Rackett joined Andrea and Dr. Marr.

Andrea:  So, really, he was your boyfriend for awhile?

Dr. Marr:  Briefly.  And, I'm telling you, we never got past first base.


Nurse Rackett:  Still....yee-yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment