Monday, January 25, 2016

Football Fades and Other Monday Musings

With farflung followers, all over the United States and even the world. I am sure I have some who, because of where they grew up or an attachment to a team they follow, still care about one of the two teams headed to the Super Bowl.  I am not one of those people.

There are some who hear the name Coldplay and look forward to the musical purgatory that they will unleash upon an unsuspecting Super Bowl halftime.  I am not one of those people.  They are a scant nickel above Nickelback, in my mind.

It was mortifying to me to hear the announcers gush that this was "only" Carolina's second trip to the Super Bowl since they began their existence in 1995.  I mean, really.  Do they not know what true confinement to the outer rings of pro football hell is?  Alison's beloved Atlanta Falcons were in only one Super Bowl, some EIGHTEEN years ago, and were promptly crushed by the Denver Broncos, who are now going to the Super Bowl for the EIGHT time?   Or you want true, pure unadulterated frustration?  Try being a Detroit Lions fan, who have gone to the Super Bowl exactly ZERO times, and had their last national championship in 1957.

So once again, we're down to fast forwarding to commercials.

----------------------------------

The weekends are getting shorter, and the work week is getting more intense.  I will continue to make every effort to write, but the thematic structure may become a bit more chaotic.  More musings, tidbits and wanderings. It is hard to concentrate long enough to gather together the more intricately plotted and conceived blog posts.


------------------------------------------------

MEANWHILE.....I did find the opportunity to put my second ebook on Amazon.  It's the 85 page autobiographical opus Here Comes Tommy!  This is the Old Pat T collection that is available for sale at the Okefenokee Heritage Center renamed.  I will, of course have much more promotional stuff about it as the week progresses, but it is available for your Kindle or Kindle App for only $2.99.

The first day, my postings of this ebook on social media generated a great deal of enthusiasm, and six actual purchases.  The second day I continued to promote but received no sales.  That was discouraging, as these ebooks tend to quickly slip into oblivion.  I have received one review, which I am very, very grateful for. Positive reviews are one of the biggest things that will help my standing as to where Amazon ranks it, and increases the number of people exposed to it.

I hope  this next weekend to add a third ebook for sale,  the young adult/middle school scifi story, Eric Reid and the Time Team, with a cover that will feature Benjamin Strait and Emily Beck,  I also hope to add an Amazon Page where you can look up my name, and see all of my ebooks for sale in one place.

So far, I haven't made enough to pay off the house, but I am getting close to being able to get a Happy meal. Woohoo.

---------------------------------------

The Iowa Caucus is only a week away.  My Saturday Soap Box speculated that Ted Cruz would narrowly win it. Recent polls indicated that he was losing ground to Trump.  Amazingly, Trump said that he could shoot somebody and still gain support.  And guess what?  He's gaining support.  It's as if a large swath of the Republican Party is determined to nominate an a-hole and nothing is going to dissuade them from doing it.

Don't do it, my Republican friends.  You care for your country too much to allow this to happen.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait





No comments:

Post a Comment